• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hospitals, clinics

P

paulina

Hello, my post and greeting will not be too long.
I am looking fo a hospital or clinic around Lewisham or localy ( I live in Greenwich) which would take patience on self referal basis. I tried to search nhs web side but couldnt find anything or maybe im too ill to be able to do so. i suffer from chronic depression.Any suggestions?
I would be very grateful for any help.
Thank you.
Paulina

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
There's a unit on the site of Lewisham Hospital called the Ladywell unit. I used it as my hospital for a while and had very positive experiences. If you are feeling unwell you can present there and have a team assess you. Just fair warning if you are unwell, they might want to keep you in for a while to stabilise you, especially if you have felt it is important enough to present.

My advice, take some of your personal effects with you, tooth brush, toiletries, books...

L

lynette

Bless you Paulina. Your GP would refer you to Oxleas Mental Health Unit but perhaps you've tried that - they only offer drugs.
MIND have a centre in Greenwich, Ormiston Road. Just google MIND Greenwich.
All the best from a fellow depressive.

L

lynette

Have you been a patient there? x
Yes I have been under the care of Oxleas many times, will not go back there again but I am sure the meds work for some people. There is also GreenwichTimetoTalk (GTTT), which I have not yet attended but you need a GP referral.

Hope you are OK atm.

S

Sammie

Not really. I need be sectioned but its not happening :( I got told theres no such thing as sectioning yourself voluntarily anymore x

L

lynette

I think you are right about that Sammie though it would be worth speaking to your GP to see if any residential facilities are available that she/he can refer you to.
Of course, if we were rich we could book ourselves into the Priory for a couple of months where a programme, tailored to our individual needs, would be arranged for us. Not on the NHS though, unfortunately.
Take care of yourself.

S

Sammie

Ive spoke to him and hes done some referrals, not just for residential units, but for therapies as well but they either say they cant get the funding or it isnt suitable for me. How much would the Priory cost? Do they take anyone then? x

L

lynette

Ive spoke to him and hes done some referrals, not just for residential units, but for therapies as well but they either say they cant get the funding or it isnt suitable for me. How much would the Priory cost? Do they take anyone then? x
Oh I joke about the Priory Sammie, there are several Priory hospitals in the country but it's where all the celebrities go when they have problems. Probably costs 8-9k per week!

Do look up MIND and see what they have to offer in your area.

S

Sammie

Ive got a lot of money but not that much lol. Its not money thats the issue. MIND says my needs are to severe for them as as well as having mental health problems ive got a learning difficulty and a criminal record :p x

L

lynette

Ive got a lot of money but not that much lol. Its not money thats the issue. MIND says my needs are to severe for them as as well as having mental health problems ive got a learning difficulty and a criminal record :p x
I'm sorry you have so many difficulties Sammie. Your learning difficulty doesn't come across in your posts! Regarding the criminal record, many people do things when they are young - and don't get caught. Don't ever let the criminal record hold you back, it is in the past.

What has surprised me is MIND not offering you anything.

It's horrible when you don't know which way to turn, and no-one is able to turn, isn't it? Plenty of us on this forum will have sympathy with that.

S

Sammie

Ive been diagnosed with Autism and apparently ive got an "extremely low IQ" Oh and ive got several mental health problems (Anti Social Personality Disorder, Anxiety and Depression. Yeah, Ive got a lot wrong with me :p

My criminal record is because im not getting any help. Ive been purposely getting myself sent to prison because im not coping in the community and I cant get any help and the way i see it, being in prisons better and safer then being on the streets.

Yeah this forums great for people to talk too :) x