• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hospital

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

What happens if you are put in the hospital for depression/suicide attempt? What do they do to you? They don't drug you do they??

T

tiffany

hi

FastLaneC3 they try to help you through it. My boyfriend has been there heap time but he hasn't been there seen easter this year. I look after him now everyday and night as well. He need me to look after him as well i haven't been put in the hospital at all for my attempt at all they r not worse like his he goes through the problem that he has.:(:cry::mad:

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
What happens if you are put in the hospital for depression/suicide attempt? What do they do to you? They don't drug you do they??
Hi Fastlane,
Is this happening to you now? What kind of hospital are you referring to (I don't like to assume)?
Whatever happens, you have rights. You have a choice as to therapies, medications, everything really. It's not and should never be a sort of prison, I hope you know that. Just be careful what you sign. ;)
Please take care and keep posting!!!

xxx:hug:

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

I'm not there yet, but something tells me I'm headed there. It will probably be the regular inpatient ward of the hospital... we don't really have a mental health section.
I've heard of bad things happening in hospitals to those brought in for mental health reasons. If thats the case I'm willing to do anything to avoid going in there. My counsellors want me to be admitted; they say it will help, but I highly doubt it.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello Fastlane

Do you have crisis care where you are - thats a team that comes to the house every day to monitor you and help you out when things get really bad instead of hospital? Whatever the outcome I hope it is a positive one for you
Take Care
KS

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

When crisis care come, and you are depressed or suicidal, the police are called and they take you to the hospital for a 72hr hold. I always get the opposite; the police show up and SOMETIMES crisis line is called, but if not I get taken straight to the ER where usually I can talk my way out of staying. But with my new counsellor, if I end up back at the ER or he finds out I'm feeling suicidal, they're going to have me admitted to the hospital. I know if I go there I am not going to be calm, I'll turn up a nervous wreck. I don't like the idea of going into the unknown.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Fastlane

Can you not ask your counsellor what it is like there? And what you would be likely to expect? It might be good to write down what you are most nervous about and see if they can answer any specific worries you have.
If you know which hospital they may send you to, they may have a website that explains what to expect.
I can't say as I don't live in Canada what a stay in hospital is like there, and in the UK each time I have gone is different.

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

I havent been able to get a hold of a counsellor yet today to ask, but I'm just worried about what kind of testing they do in general? They can't forcefully give you meds or sedatives can they???

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

I can say easily at this point, I am running out of time. I'm so messed I have no clue what I'm doing!

T

tiffany

hi

were are u from mate
:grouphug:(y):D:flowers::hug:
ring helpline ppl

Last edited:
FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Canada.
Free health care...if you can find it :LOL: I've been trying to get help since october

T

tiffany

HI

I have found some number that will help u •1-800-263-1136 - Enquiries line:grouphug:

FastLaneC3

FastLaneC3

Been there: you either get admitted or you get held until they evaluate you and you're released.
I have no clue what happens when you are admitted, and I wont be admitted until I get a general idea. I dont want it to be a bad experience and make it worse.