• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hospital

A

angel10

Hi everyone.

The crisis team having be trying to talk me to go into hospital over the last few days.

The thought terrifies me. I have a child and a hubby and being away from them would be heart breaking.

They couldn't tell me how long I would be there for?

If any of you have been admitted to hospital how long did you stay? I know its different for each person but they are saying a minimum of 2 weeks

Gail

Gail

if its got to that stage maybe its best to go in hunnie its nothing to be scared of at all. it may get to the point where you have no choice
I have been in anything from one night to six months
good luck and let us know how it goes

amathus

amathus

All good wishes to you whether you end up in hospital or not...
you will find the strength to deal with it...hang on in there.

meteos.

A

angel10

Thank you both of you for your replies.

Its the thought that its " 2 weeks minimum" I just don't have the time for that.

That probably sounds weird but I've got a disabled lilttle boy, a job ,a mortgage and bills to pay. I just haven't the time to be ill.

Abbi

Abbi

Hi angel, i understand exactly the situation you are in ...i too have a severly disabled son although he is 27 now but still needs 24hr care.My team are very aware of how difficult it is for me to go into hospital an have worked really hard through many crisis to keep me at home, unfortunatly there have been times when i was so unwell i was taken in to hospital sometimes it was just a few days and the longest was a month.My heart goes out too you ...get well and stay safe

A

angel10

Thanks Abbi for your reply it means alot to me that you have all taken your time to reply. The team are round again in the morning so I'll let you all know how I get on.

Abbi

Abbi

Hi Angel, you are very welcome .....i hope all goes well with the team tomorrow, i will be thinking of you and will keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Take care .

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi Angel,
I'm sure things will work out ok for you; maybe you need to take some time out for yourself? After all you will not be any good to anyone if you get really ill so maybe getting treatment now as opposed to later will be the better option in the long-term.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, take care.

A

angel10

I saw the pdoc from the crisis team this morning. She has said they will come and see me everyday until I start to feel safe again.

I'm on diazpam, temazepam and olasapine (cant spell sorry) she is trying to but me on an ad this week. I'm seeing by hospital pdoc for the first time on Wednesday so hopefully I might start to get a proper diagnosis and start to understand this condition......if that's possible.

I want to say a huge thankyou for everyones support you've been fab and a life line.

xxxx

Abbi

Abbi

Hi Angel, that's really good news the crisis teams are such a lifeline when things get intolerable .
The appointment with the hospital pdoc will at least give you a clear idea of what you are dealing with and although i know it doesn't change anything it is still helpful to know what's going on and will get you onto appropriate meds and therapy.
My meds are different to yours at the moment .......i take lithium depakote quietapine and the ad mirtazapine(the only one which didn't cause mania for me) but it did take a while of trail and error before the meds started to kick in.
Good luck sweetie take care of yourself.

S

suzy

That's good

Hospital is something they use only if needed, they try and treat you at home first and hospital is only like a last resort. Really they try to keep people out of hospital you only go if really needed and are in a really serious condition

Good luck, hope you don't have to go in and can be treated at home. Here we have a day hospital where you go in the day and go home at night, is that not something you have where you are from?

T

TOONAFISH

how ar you feeling? i was in hosp this time only for a wee while. went in last week on got discharded today. xxxxx

A

angel10

I'm feeling very mixed today, very restless and can't stop still for long I've been keeping busy busy busy but these damn thoughts wont stop. I'm feeling so guilty for putting my family thru this.