• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Horrible news

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

I've just come downstairs to see my pet rabbits and one of them has died. She was only about three years old and so healthy. She was so gorgeous and affectionate. My rabbits were the first things my fiance and I bought together. Now she's gone, with no reason whatsoever. She was fine, why her?! She was so perfect.

I can't believe my baby girl is gone. I can't believe she'll never jump on my lap and sit my keyboard when she gets jealous of me being on my laptop.
She'll never cuddle up to me when I'm watching tv. She'll never lick my hands again. She'll never get excited when I come downstairs every morning.

No, my baby girl is dead. I feel so empty right now. :low:

Rest in Peace, Charlotte, my beautiful little girl. I'll never forget you. My life will never be the same without you.

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Alxis, I'm so sorry you've lost your dear rabbit. I have lost pets before and it was devastating. They give so much love and affection and help so much with loneliness. God bless, Charlotte. Hugs.

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

Hi Mastiff thank you so much. It's hard to believe she's gone, she was so amazing and perfect. Pets almost always end up as part of the family. It's always so heartbreaking to lose a family pet. Hugs.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So sorry for your loss Alexis.

She will go to Rabbit heaven knowing that throughout her life she had someone who loved her more than anything in the world.

:hug1:

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

Thank you, volnash.

I read that rabbit's life partners can end up depressed to the point where they kill themselves, so I've brought her boyfriend Will up to my bed and am smothering him with cuddles and kisses, and getting him to eat and whatnot so he won't end up doing so...can't lose him too. :low:

V

volnash

That's why i never got any pets besides my cat, simply because i cant stand losing them and i dont want to lose anything from my life, i can imagine how you must feel and i just want to tell you that all you can do now is to give your rabbit a nice proper burial, maybe some rocks and a note if you feel like it? i believe in a connection between all life, as im a little bit leaning towards buddhism myself.

All i can say is that you will feel better with time about this sad thing that happened, and take care of yourself always.

And props for taking care of your other rabbit at this time, as im sure he needs it, will that is.

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

I know how you feel, volnash, it's devastating. It really is like I lost a family member. I think that's a really great idea, thank you! I'll definitely do that!

Thank you so much. :hug1:

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Bless you, that's awful for you x you are right though, the other one could become stressed at losing his mate - signs of stress could be hair loss, depression, anorexia, panting etc.... Stress can be fatal in small animals so watch out for the symptoms carefully.
Hugs x sparkly x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Aww that is really horrible, and must have been awful to discover her too. :hug1:

As others have said, pets really are like the best of friends and part of the family, so I really am sorry to hear of your loss.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Rip little fur baby Charlotte.

My condolenses. I've lost lots of pets and still grieve for them now, i even get upset at the thought that my current pets won't be here one day.