• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hormones and Inability to deal with stress

E

Elizabeth1

I think hormones play a part in depression in general.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hormonal imbalances are not of much concern to psychiatrists. they should be, but they aren't. what is of concern to a psychiatrist is whether you are taking pills and not getting into trouble.

poor diet and lack of exercise plays havoc with peoples hormonal balances, amongst other things. I don't know why it is that people struggle to make a link between what they are eating and how much they are exercising, and their mood.

it's not brain science.

although as far as psychiatrists are concerned the effects of a decadent modern lifestyle are indications of a mental illness.

there is a madness known only to psychiatrists and their faithful servants...

G

Golden

Diet and excercising are important. I must do some tomorrow. I might go to the pool or for a long walk. Put the walking boots on I might.

I have a good diet. It could be better though.

I was curious about hormones as perimenopause was discussed and this can affect moods. Rasselas I'm not sure that'd be your area as I assume you are male?

Stress, we were talking about my irrationality I think. Nice.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes he is male. rasselas is male. he's very very male.

hormones take a battering in the ladies. especially the ladies. these days you can access hormonal treatments. as far as I'm concerned for women that need it, it's a human right. and no shame.

G

Golden

I'm a decade or more away from hrt but I will bear that in mind when the time comes. I mentioned it as my Dr was telling me that bipolar disorder begins after menstruation begins in women. A surge of brain hormones. Hormone changes I have been reading are the culprit for many depressions too. Some are treated with hormone therapy but I think that is due to pnd. Either way it is interesting.