• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hoping to find some help

H

H86

Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but am hoping to find that online friend who I can chat with, vent with and get help with who will listen and allow me to do the same in return. I have a lot going on and my main support is currently not available, one in a different country and another is dealing with a loss of a loved one. I don't know where else to turn. Is there anyone who can vent with me and we can help each other?

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi @H86
welcome to the forum!
Lots of members here to chat to. Have a look around, get comfy and vent when ever your ready.
Hugs
Fox

H

H86

Thanks Fox. I don't really know how to use this site but am hoping to find some help ans return help someone else

Beta012

Beta012

Hey, my messages are always open if you ever need to talk. That absolutely sucks that you're going through something like that and your main supports dealing with those things can't be easy either. I send hugs.

H

H86

Hey, my messages are always open if you ever need to talk. That absolutely sucks that you're going through something like that and your main supports dealing with those things can't be easy either. I send hugs.
Thanks Beta. I wouldn't really know where to start but you know when they say when it rains it pours, that's how it is feeling right now. How is everything with you going???

Beta012

Beta012

I read a really good book last night and my last long migraine of over a month went away by itself luckily though I feel another one coming on which I kind of could tell would happen. Otherwise everything is pretty typical for me right now (I'm only up at the moment due to taking preventative medicine that made me sleep all day yesterday).

H

H86

I read a really good book last night and my last long migraine of over a month went away by itself luckily though I feel another one coming on which I kind of could tell would happen. Otherwise everything is pretty typical for me right now (I'm only up at the moment due to taking preventative medicine that made me sleep all day yesterday).
What was the book? Wow that is a long time to have a migraine!!! I hope you don't get another!!!

Beta012

Beta012

What was the book? Wow that is a long time to have a migraine!!! I hope you don't get another!!!
It was Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson which is the fourth book in the Stormlight Archives series and I just liked it so much because it was really long (1,000+ pages). That was the longest migraine of my life and I wanted to see if it would go away by itself. I hope I don't get another one too which is why I'm taking it easy lately and reading a bit more since that tends to help sometimes, thanks for saying that!

H

H86

It was Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson which is the fourth book in the Stormlight Archives series and I just liked it so much because it was really long (1,000+ pages). That was the longest migraine of my life and I wanted to see if it would go away by itself. I hope I don't get another one too which is why I'm taking it easy lately and reading a bit more since that tends to help sometimes, thanks for saying that!
I've never heard of it, but glad you enjoyed it. Hope you'll be ok

Beta012

Beta012

Most I talk to haven't heard of it so that's fine, the series only tends to be known in those who regularly read fantasy. If I'm not ok one of my system members/alternate personalities will essentially be conscious instead of myself so I'll get a bit of a break to recuperate until I'm fine to be active again.

J

Jane1984

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but am hoping to find that online friend who I can chat with, vent with and get help with who will listen and allow me to do the same in return. I have a lot going on and my main support is currently not available, one in a different country and another is dealing with a loss of a loved one. I don't know where else to turn. Is there anyone who can vent with me and we can help each other?
Hi if you would like to message me please do as I need the same x