• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hoping for a little kindness to keep me going

AustralianDeb1986

AustralianDeb1986

Hello precious people I'm 34 f from Australia.

How have you been recently?

I have been very down. It seems no one in my life understands depression and my depression has gotten all consuming. I am a shy person and I don't have many rl friends. I have trouble getting out of bed and just feel like I want to sleep all the time these days as my heart feels so heavy when I'm awake.

I would love to find others to exchange kind words with of all ages that are living with depression. I'm losing hope and so lonely that I have no one to talk to about this

little messages from others who understand would make my day

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

:welcome:
Hi, I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling right now. Alot of us here can relate and understand.

N

Nukelavee

You can't give in to the depression and hide all day. That's one of the biggest lessons I've learned.

The more you let depression keep you doing nothing, the worse it gets, and the harder it is to do anything.

Make yourself get up, and get dressed. Make the bed, have some coffee or breakfast. That alone helps you feel better, because you've accomplished something, no matter how small.

Pick one small chore around your home, and do it. Clear a counter, do dishes, sweep vacuum a room. Just one small thing that you can notice later, and be happy with yourself for doing.

I can't stress enough how powerful it is when you take care of a small thing and get it out of your way. And how important it is to validate every small victory you achieve each day.

How to put this? don't expect any one thing will suddenly let you be happy. Start by trying to be a bit less unhappy, and work up to satisfied, or content.

Hope this helps a bit.

D

Deleted member 91323

Former member
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am really sorry you are struggling with depression. It is such a horrible thing to have. It is sad people around you are not understanding. You have come to the right place. Many of us have depression and are here for you. Just you posting on here is a start.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome to the forums Austrliandeb1986! You will find many users here who suffer from depression and understand where you are coming from. I too suffer from depression and find that mornings are hardest. If I can pull myself up, shower and have breakfast then I seem to be able to get into a routine in the day...that bed seems like a giant suction cup that holds on and won’t let go, though, doesn’t it? Hope you will find some comfort in our nice little community here. Warmly, j :grouphug:

AustralianDeb1986

AustralianDeb1986

You can't give in to the depression and hide all day. That's one of the biggest lessons I've learned.

The more you let depression keep you doing nothing, the worse it gets, and the harder it is to do anything.

Make yourself get up, and get dressed. Make the bed, have some coffee or breakfast. That alone helps you feel better, because you've accomplished something, no matter how small.

Pick one small chore around your home, and do it. Clear a counter, do dishes, sweep vacuum a room. Just one small thing that you can notice later, and be happy with yourself for doing.

I can't stress enough how powerful it is when you take care of a small thing and get it out of your way. And how important it is to validate every small victory you achieve each day.

How to put this? don't expect any one thing will suddenly let you be happy. Start by trying to be a bit less unhappy, and work up to satisfied, or content.

Hope this helps a bit.
This is such good advice Nukelavee, thank you so much. This does work I just totally forgot about trying it in my depressive wallow. I'm going to save your advice to be able to re-read again

Faith198

Faith198

Hello precious people I'm 34 f from Australia.

How have you been recently?

I have been very down. It seems no one in my life understands depression and my depression has gotten all consuming. I am a shy person and I don't have many rl friends. I have trouble getting out of bed and just feel like I want to sleep all the time these days as my heart feels so heavy when I'm awake.

I would love to find others to exchange kind words with of all ages that are living with depression. I'm losing hope and so lonely that I have no one to talk to about this

little messages from others who understand would make my day

I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain and feel so sad. I know the burden of carrying a heavy heart around. Depression is awful. I wouldn’t say I deal with it too bad at the moment but I have had a few major depressive episodes and I never forget them. At one point it got too much to even shower and take care of myself.

I want to let you know that you aren’t alone in this and we all understand how you’re feeling. You are strong to keep going and I hope maybe this forum can help you some. :hug: I hope things get better for you. You deserve happiness

AustralianDeb1986

AustralianDeb1986

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am really sorry you are struggling with depression. It is such a horrible thing to have. It is sad people around you are not understanding. You have come to the right place. Many of us have depression and are here for you. Just you posting on here is a start.
Thank you for your kind message I'm feeling welcome bpd2020 :)

AustralianDeb1986

AustralianDeb1986

Welcome to the forums Austrliandeb1986! You will find many users here who suffer from depression and understand where you are coming from. I too suffer from depression and find that mornings are hardest. If I can pull myself up, shower and have breakfast then I seem to be able to get into a routine in the day...that bed seems like a giant suction cup that holds on and won’t let go, though, doesn’t it? Hope you will find some comfort in our nice little community here. Warmly, j :grouphug:
Hi J, you are so right about mornings and bed! I have found too that showering does seem to remove some of the depressive cloud. Thank you for your empathy and warm welcome :)

AustralianDeb1986

AustralianDeb1986

I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain and feel so sad. I know the burden of carrying a heavy heart around. Depression is awful. I wouldn’t say I deal with it too bad at the moment but I have had a few major depressive episodes and I never forget them. At one point it got too much to even shower and take care of myself.

I want to let you know that you aren’t alone in this and we all understand how you’re feeling. You are strong to keep going and I hope maybe this forum can help you some. :hug: I hope things get better for you. You deserve happiness
Thank you for your empathy Faith you are a darling, your kind message tonight has made me feel hopeful :)
May I ask how you got over your depressive episodes?

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Hello - I'm new here today also!
I've been nosing around the posts and it seems like a very friendly place. Lots of kind people wanting to help each other through the struggles. It's quite heart-warming to see!
I think it's going to be very helpful for me - hope it is for you too 🙂

AustralianDeb1986

AustralianDeb1986

Hello - I'm new here today also!
I've been nosing around the posts and it seems like a very friendly place. Lots of kind people wanting to help each other through the struggles. It's quite heart-warming to see!
I think it's going to be very helpful for me - hope it is for you too 🙂
Hi EverybodyHurts I was just in your thread :) I am so glad we have found this little forum, there is so much kindness I can feel. I will keep a look out for you in the future my fellow newbie :flowers: