• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

hopeless

D

DELATEXT

I CONTACTED THE SAMARITANS AS I AM SO DESPERATE !!
I AM SO AGITATED AND IN UTTER DESPAIR,
I THINK IT IS TO LATE ??
NO ONE CAN HELP ME ???

:help::help::help:

mischief

mischief

Admin
What is up? What is happening? How can we help?

D

DELATEXT

What's up

I AM LOSING MY SUPPORT SERVICE, SCOTTISH ASSOCIATION FOR MENTAL HEALTH ARE CLOSING MY PROJECT AND FORCING ME TO GO TO A PROJECT THAT I DO NOT TRUST THE WHOLE BUSINESS HAS MADE ME VERY ILL !!
I CANNOT COPE, BARELY FUNCTION , HAVE FELT SUICIDAL, SEEING MY KEY WORKER TODAY HOPE HE CAN CONTACT SOCIAL SERVICES ON MY BEHALF SEE IF I CAN ACCESS AN OTHER SERVICE ??

:eek2::eek2::rules:

C

calastars

Change is very hard, especially from somewhere you trust, I too am being passed from pillar to post at the moment and it is hard, I hope you get on ok in finding another place.... Glasgow has a lot of services available.

D

DELATEXT

I am having to accept "the devil you know" my key worker has advised me to accept the changes as the stress of seeing a social worker would be to much to handle !!
It is no good fighting this as i cannot win, so i have to try to make the best of a bad business, i think this is a taste of what is to come, with cuts to services and welfare benefits, we are all in for a terrible time, thanks for your concern.:eek2::eek2:

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

hi there

hello there is hope. you are here askin for help. thats hopeful.....u feel bad cause change is hard....when we are depressed we cling to what wwe know......u very brave to try get help in first place.....i am not able to face strangers or even get on a project. x

D

DELATEXT

Getting support

very sorry to hear you are not up for accessing support if you live in the UK you have to get a social worker or a CPN to refer you, it is hard but it is worth it !!
Mental health charities such as the Richmond Fellow ship, Penumbra provide key worker support in your home, they provide practical and emotional support, I hope you can find a way to get such support if you need it ??
I am very grateful for your support and hope you can get similar help etc..

:thx:

C

calastars

I so agree with your key worker and that is from personal experience!!! You are right, it is about accepting things as they are, no matter how frustrasting it is.

D

DELATEXT

Thanks all in all it is really the devil you know, I am seeing the new project manager, they are on holiday just now, to discuss my support and my worries and concerns ??:dance::dance:

C

calastars

Worries and concerns........where do you start!!!!???? I have just received a call with an emergency app to see CPN today.....finally. Realised i was trying to look for reasons and answers on my own and have been messing it up big time but ever the one in denial!!!! Look at your change as a challenge to look at things differently...little baby steps I have realised is what I have to take and work on my acceptance of this monster.

D

DELATEXT

wonderful Doctors

interesting development, I saw my Doctor who is getting me a CPN although I had bad experiences with them but as my Doctor explained it takes 8 weeks to access one so if my support does not work out the CPN can help me access another service which is great, takes a load of my mind, if I won the lottery I would donate to my local health practice they are the most amazing, caring and supportive of Doctors I owe them so much !!:salut::salut::salut:

C

calastars

Hey, good morning....I feel exactly the same about my GP, she has done more for me in my ten minute app slots than the rest put together. I am glad you have two options now, it is i hit and a miss when it comes to CPN's, I was lucky that the one I saw yesterday realised very quickly the extent of my depression but only because I was brutally honest about the extent of it for the first time and she is referring me to a psychiatirist for a proper diagnosis.....there has to be hope for us:))))))))))?????

D

DELATEXT

Good luck and I hope you can get extra support if you need it ??
The CPN can do that for you, Scottish association for mental health, Glasgow association for mental health, Richmond fellowship scotland, Penumbra,
Positive Steps these all provide support if you need it ??:tea::tea:

C

calastars

Hi, hope you are doing ok, I am just pulling in all resources now, for my children and myself. We have a Social Worker but all pleading for extra support has fallen on deaf ears, so I made a phone call yesterday and made my point that it could not go on and she is coming out on Monday to see us. I feel we have been forgotten about as I am now longer in active addiction. (I am now sober and in continuing recovery from alcoholism for two years now) They see that as an ilness but not mental health problems as an ilness. Thank youi for the other links, I am going too look into them tonight and speak to my CPN about them. Take Care

D

DELATEXT

sounds like you are on the right track, good luck and calmly make your concerns know and I hope you do get support.