• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hopeful of relationship in the future

H

HodakaYN

when i think of whats important to me for a partner, theres a few things i care about. i think relationships arent just between two people, but two families, so i think as well as us two, our families should get on well. i think their family should be accepting of liberal ideas but if they dont agree thats ok.

for my partner, id like them to be understanding of my conditions. a positive support during tough times. someone who can help me to come out of my shell a bit, like going out to eat together. we can both be successful and independent so we have space, but we still stick together and all. someone who isnt after money, but has ambitions in life that we can achieve together. someone who can keep our secrets. we could trust each other and be our weird selves around each other.

when i write it out like this, theres a lot of people that have these things. it gives me hope for the future, knowing that these kind of people already exist in my life

N

Nukelavee

That's a great attitude to have. I look at the successful relationships around me, and the best of them work as a partnership between best friends, so to speak.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

when i think of whats important to me for a partner, theres a few things i care about. i think relationships arent just between two people, but two families, so i think as well as us two, our families should get on well. i think their family should be accepting of liberal ideas but if they dont agree thats ok.

for my partner, id like them to be understanding of my conditions. a positive support during tough times. someone who can help me to come out of my shell a bit, like going out to eat together. we can both be successful and independent so we have space, but we still stick together and all. someone who isnt after money, but has ambitions in life that we can achieve together. someone who can keep our secrets. we could trust each other and be our weird selves around each other.

when i write it out like this, theres a lot of people that have these things. it gives me hope for the future, knowing that these kind of people already exist in my life
Good luck i hope you find your soul mate