• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hope for a better tomorrow

D

donethinking

I just want to say this to all fellow sufferers of depression here, and also to myself.

With ten years of depression and many suicide attempts under my belt, I know this to be true. That no matter how down you are, how miserable or utterly numb you feel, it won't last forever. Someday it will get easier. Even if only a little, but it will get better. When you're so tired and you just want to lay down and die, when you feel you can't take it anymore, that tiny bit of relief is more than enough to make you think that maybe you can make it a little longer. That maybe you aren't completely worthless and that maybe some people really care about you. That you are not alone.

Sure, some of us might not ever completely recover from our mental health problems, but that doesn't mean life will be unbearable misery. As long as you're alive you always have a chance at a better tomorrow. Life might not always be worth living but I'm sure all of us have moments in our lives that definitely are, and people who mean the world to us. And that alone is enough.

SarahD

SarahD

Hello donethinking

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I can see from your post that you have experienced the extremes of depression. Yet you still manage to give a message of hope. Thank you for that.

The forum is a friendly place, people here will understand what you go through.

I hope you will enjoy the forum and find it useful.

Best wishes, Sarah

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Thank you for sharing this. It's really important to hold on to the remembrance that life can be good again.
Also, welcome to the forum. :hi: