• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

honesty

D

DELATEXT

I've posted previous threads in the forms of poems to express my illness and how it affects me, recently I got a reply to one such poem when I was at a low ebb and badly affected, the person said " good story " I cannot express how angry and upset I was by this reply ??
I am not doing this as fiction okay!!
This is the truth about my illness and my constant battle not to be destroyed by it,
So to mister " good story" hope you never suffer as I do ???

:mad:

S

starfish

Delatext

some people can be so ignorant and insensitive. however sometimes people react to posts in an inappropriate way, due to their illness. try not to take it too hard.

S

skyblue

I don't know which thread you're referring to. But,.. could it be a possibility that this person did actually think that it was a fictional story/poem and were actually paying you a compliment ? :unsure:

Just a thought.

:flowers:

iffybob

iffybob

Define ....

I think you may have taken the staitment wrongly...
.. this is the first defiition I found for the word .....

Story
a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader; tale.

A story can be a description of true events ..

.. I have many story's .. all true ... but I cannot help what people "choose" to belive .. none of us can ...

I dont know what post you are refering to .. but I would say to try and give that person the benifit of the dowt ..

Take care ... boB ... :flowers:

iffybob

iffybob

Ok ... the answer that was posted triggered you .. that happens ... sorry ...

Some times its just the way some people talk, ...

.. if you post a link to the thread I will read it and see what I think ...

D

DELATEXT

thank you very much, you've a different way to look at this

:grouphug: