homopathic medicine

W

wozzi71

Founding Member
AS someone who has used various anti depressants over the years to not much good ,i was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on homopathic medicine if it is more effective ,would be grateful for any input ,cheers

D

Dollit

Wozzi71 - have you ever been prescribed a placebo for depression and have it work for you? Homeopathic medicine is really just a placebo. I think it's too big a gamble to take where your mental health, and potentially your life, is concerned. A lot of people find that anti-depressants don't work or don't work as well for them but the medics should be finding other avenues to explore.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
My GP tried me on it in the summer when I went to see her as a last resort. Nothing happened so I ended up on increased meds which make me feel as if I'm on another planet so put myself back on normal dose. I have tried also Bachs rescue remedy for panic attacks but I think that is all a kind of psychological thing. I'll try anything if it helps me get right.

ralph1

ralph1

Founding Member
ralph1

A consultant said to me 18 months ago that no-one knew which drugs worked on what people if at all. All they could do was to try different drugs and cocktails of drugs until hopefully something worked, and when they worked they would not know why. Worryingly, when I asked about side effects he replied 'the patients just have to put up with them'. I have to admire his honesty, but it scares the pants off me :oops:

Ralph

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
My GP tried me on it in the summer when I went to see her as a last resort. Nothing happened so I ended up on increased meds which make me feel as if I'm on another planet so put myself back on normal dose. I have tried also Bachs rescue remedy for panic attacks but I think that is all a kind of psychological thing. I'll try anything if it helps me get right.

Had to smile at the Bachs rescue remedy. A few years ago I had to get on a plane and im terrified of flying. So someone suggested rescue remedy. Must admit i managed the flight beter than i thought, then my friend cracked up and said 'yeh but your not supposed to drink half the bottle then have four vodkas on top' (y)

But hey it worked for me:D

W

wozzi71

Founding Member
Had to smile at the Bachs rescue remedy. A few years ago I had to get on a plane and im terrified of flying. So someone suggested rescue remedy. Must admit i managed the flight beter than i thought, then my friend cracked up and said 'yeh but your not supposed to drink half the bottle then have four vodkas on top' (y)

But hey it worked for me:D
finally something to laugh about cheers great answer

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
i don't believe that any medication will work properly unless combined with a therapy of some kind...

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I agree with that sandybob. When i first became ill i nwas regularly at the day hospitals and put on different courses. Now it just seem they want me to pop more pills

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
I agree with that sandybob. When i first became ill i nwas regularly at the day hospitals and put on different courses. Now it just seem they want me to pop more pills

quite ... i have had my "quota" of sessions i think ... now its pills and "walk for half an hour a day" oh and "find your inner strength" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Like we all know there is no " magic pill ". I find you need to find a medication that just take's the edge of thing's and therapy to a degree, your own space etc help .

ralph1

ralph1

Founding Member
The winners in all this are the Drug companies firstly, the medical professionals secondly(Does ANYONE know how much the drug companies contribute to the Medical professional either directly or dressed up as advertising). The losers are us poor saps who have no choice in their treatment( if you object, you run the risk of being sectioned),put up with side effects, and of course the tax payer who has to pay for these over priced and often ineffective chemicals :mad: