• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Homicidal voices - to tell or not to tell?

Starless

Starless

I've been having homicidal thoughts and been hearing voices encouraging it. They're making me angry, and they're against a quite specific demographic (pregnant women). I think I'm much more likely to kill myself than hurt anyone else, but I'm not sure how safe i am either way. I don't know whether to tell my partner or someone through fear of losing my freedom. I could just be worrying about it too much, I don't know. It's all mixed up and I really don't want to go back to hospital. I've not left my home as I'm too scared of what might happen. Feels like people know what I'm thinking when they look me in the eye. Am I likely to be hospitalized if I admit this to a GP?

BillFish

BillFish

I've been having homicidal thoughts and been hearing voices encouraging it. They're making me angry, and they're against a quite specific demographic (pregnant women). I think I'm much more likely to kill myself than hurt anyone else, but I'm not sure how safe i am either way. I don't know whether to tell my partner or someone through fear of losing my freedom. I could just be worrying about it too much, I don't know. It's all mixed up and I really don't want to go back to hospital. I've not left my home as I'm too scared of what might happen. Feels like people know what I'm thinking when they look me in the eye. fAm I likely to be hospitalized if I admit this to a GP?
Yeah you are likely to do two weeks in hospital, but is it really that big of a deal? The last time I was in in it was fine, like a holiday camp.Within a week I was allowed to walk to the shops etc, spent my time watching sky tv.They aren't punishment blocks for gods sake;) Just a building with some professional staff and an assortment of broken people in them, all trying to get well. :peace:

M

Mastiff mom

One of my closest friends has homicidal thoughts and it really tortures her at times so my heart goes out to you. This isn't as unusual as you might think and telling someone is probably a good idea. A doctor will not be shocked but may help you. Hoping for the best for you.

Starless

Starless

Thank you both for not being judgemental.

I think I need to talk to my partner about this first of all. I can't go into hospital because I don't know how he'll cope. Also, I've fought for a long time to stay out of the mental health system and miles away from being medicated. I can't go back to that now. God, I'm scared. I don't want these thoughts in my head and I'm scared of what might happen either way. They might go away on their own or they might not. I don't know. Perhaps just staying locked up at home is safer than opening my big mouth. It's the anger I have the most trouble with. Don't know what to do with myself when they piss me off.

Starless

Starless

Spoke to my partner about this last night. We've agreed that me not leaving our home alone is the best course of action. I won't go to hospital again. I've been out of the MH system too long to screw that up now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mandy125 Mental Health Experiences 4
I Mental Health Experiences 4