• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Homicidal thoughts

O

On Fire

Does anyone on here get homicidal thoughts?
I don't, but I was just googling it and could not find much if any help for those with homicidal thoughts? Presumably it is rare, and obviously dealt with by the police.
But do people struggle with thoughts of harming others and not act on them?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
When you relapse they (psychiatrists) ask if you are and if you have plans to take action on it. I have said once that I had these thoughts, but I did not want to take action etc. They didn't do any thing. I didn't do any thing either. The thoughts went away too.

S

salim

A schizophrenic person is a time bomb.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I had a close friend in high school who used to tell me she had thoughts of shooting people. Was really alarmed and did research. Turns out people can have these thoughts as a way of dealing with stress. She had really bad anxiety too.

B

Blackrose09

Don't think it is rare, maybe many patients don't speak about their homicidal ideation.
If they have good impulse control and think about consequences and others, yes they don't act on them.

S

salim

Why does a schizophrenic patient have these thoughts? I think the reason is that his range of hearing and eyesight is wide, as he sees and hears beyond the wall and not what is near.

F

fluffpill

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i had homicidal thoughts in the past. I was on meds. I was tired of being around my family all the time so i started killing them in my thoughts. I had no plan of acting on it. I told the hospital i was having these sort of intrusive thoughts but then my psychiatrist came and asked me questions about ocd so i denied them and said they were merely fantasies when in reality they were pretty intrusive for a few days i couldn't control them and it was like an obsession. it went away on its own after a few days.

i suffer from schizoaffective.

S

salim

A symptom of schizophrenia is that the patient lives in constant dizziness and does not see things clearly.