Homesick and very sad 😢

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Everything reminds of my country even the colors of the sky. Out of nowhere, this heart wrenching feeling has been in the air. I go out to walk and right away I imagine the streets and the buildings and the atmosphere back home. You can’t imagine how heavy my heart feels. I wish I can fly there.

You’re probably asking “why don’t you go back? Or at least visit?”. Unfortunately, I can’t do to religious persecution. If I go there, I may never see the sun again.

I left my country in 1991 for the same reasons that prevent me from going back now. I feel torn apart. It’s effecting me and making me very emotional.

It’s nothing wrong with where I live but I wish I can live in my country like the rest of the people in this world. Why do I have to be a foreigner?? So much pain and sorrow honestly. Take a moment to imagine living in a foreign land without your family. You won’t be able to feel the pain until you experience it.

4:41 am and feeling powerless to change anything. It’s a mixture of agitation and sadness of not being able to go back.

A

angels egg

I know how you feel. I miss living in the States and right now I am very far away. I don't know if it's the exact same situation you're in, but it sounds similar. I'm very sorry.

:hug1:

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @angels egg

I hope you are doing well.

Sorry that you have to live far away from home. Now we both realize the old saying “there’s nothing like home”.

You might have done it by choice but I was forced out under the threat of death. It was a long journey that started at the age of 11 and I am 39 now. Seems like this journey is not over yet.

I live in the States now 🙂. I’ve been here for 24 years.

A

angels egg

Hi @angels egg

I hope you are doing well.

Sorry that you have to live far away from home. Now we both realize the old saying “there’s nothing like home”.

You might have done it by choice but I was forced out under the threat of death. It was a long journey that started at the age of 11 and I am 39 now. Seems like this journey is not over yet.

I live in the States now 🙂. I’ve been here for 24 years.
I'm so sorry about that. What a nightmare. I hope you're doing well now.

I don't know if this will help much, but whenever I feel down, I focus on my interests. Especially movies and video games. I usually try to find characters I can relate to and then I feel less alone. It doesn't help completely, but it sort of makes me feel better.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Oh I forgot to ask. Do you go to therapy for this? I'm sure that would help a lot.
:hug1:
Thank for replying to me.

No, I haven’t told my therapist about it. I’ll try next time I see her. Sometimes I think about just going there anyway and whatever happens happens. The only thing stopping me is the my kids.

A

angels egg

Thank for replying to me.

No, I haven’t told my therapist about it. I’ll try next time I see her. Sometimes I think about just going there anyway and whatever happens happens. The only thing stopping me is the my kids.
I'd definitely tell my therapist if I were you. You've been through a lot.

It's always good to have someone to talk to about this. Especially a professional.

A

angels egg

I remember reading books about people who escaped from places like North Korea. Even after they escaped, they continue to go through a lot. I feel like that might be similar to what you went through, especially with how serious it all was. Spend time with your family and tell your therapist. Get the help you need.

I'm hoping the best for you.