homeless place

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i’m going to the homeless place, some women phoned, she’s going to get me a mentor befriender, i’m not sure i want services, never seen anyone who receives services get better, but guess better is a pipe dream

then theres the stigma, those mentally ill ex cons who said they weren’t mentally ill because they weren’t on drugs for it, they avoided a lot of the stigma, even if the neighbour who had a letter published in the local paper about housing mentally ill people was talking about them. same applies to services

Cazcat

Cazcat

Staff Member on Leave
My husband has found mental health services incredibly helpful, so that's at least one person who has found accessing services helpful.

N

nightmare57

I once when to the alcohol and drug services for my alcohol abuse. I found that patronising and stigmatising. I personally would think a homeless charity would be equally so because they mostly deal with people with self-inflected mental illness be that through drugs or alcohol and I would worry that they would label everybody the same, even people with mental illness when they've never taken drugs.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Hi rambo,

I'm a little unsure as to the meaning of your post, and it greatly concerns me...

i’m going to the homeless place, some women phoned, she’s going to get me a mentor befriender, i’m not sure i want services, never seen anyone who receives services get better, but guess better is a pipe dream

then theres the stigma, those mentally ill ex cons who said they weren’t mentally ill because they weren’t on drugs for it, they avoided a lot of the stigma, even if the neighbour who had a letter published in the local paper about housing mentally ill people was talking about them. same applies to services
this bold: do you mean you are going to be homeless?, or are homeless?, or something else, and I've got the wrong end of the stick?

N

nightmare57

Hi rambo,

I'm a little unsure as to the meaning of your post, and it greatly concerns me...
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, I follow Rambo posts. He's searching for support because like most of us he's worried about his benefit entailment (which is totally understandable) He's approached various organisations but he can't get the support he needs because during a long period of coping (somewhat) he's looked upon as being stable so this means he doesn't meet the criteria for support services (which is shite)

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
My husband has found mental health services incredibly helpful, so that's at least one person who has found accessing services helpful.
that dare i say it is the view of a carer

Cazcat

Cazcat

Staff Member on Leave
that dare i say it is the view of a carer
Yes it is my view but also what he has said. He has told his CPN he wishes he had had their support sooner because it helps so much. Before services were involved he struggled to hold a job down and was homeless a couple of times and frequently in trouble with the police. Since their involvement he has been able to work full time, avoid police incidents and maintain a tenancy consistently. His voices have stopped and he no longer has distressing beliefs about people planning to kill him. Services may not work for everyone but they have for him.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
whatever i don't like services and seems the feelings mutual they don't like me, guess they don't like me slagging them off, psychiatrist closed case, last time i asked the gp to refer me he said they were pretty adamant last time we referred you, that they didn't want to see you again

the only services i can get are homeless services and alcohol services full of alcoholic and drug addict ex cons who i find threatening

i was thinking recently about that mental health group i was referred to decades ago, the guy who was friendly, it was always me buying drinks and meals

i do go to my mind group, i find it helpful, sometimes hearing other peoples ideas, i put the mind worker name on the pip form and they phoned her saving me some unpleasent interview etc, it was worth it for that if nothing else

before they closed the disability centre they sais to have a cpn you had to be sectioned or come out of hospital in the last 6 months

Cazcat

Cazcat

Staff Member on Leave
Sorry to hear that you have had bad experiences. I'm not convinced they were right about the CPN thing, My husband had a section 2 for a week 5 years ago, he was allocated a CPN a few weeks later who has seen him most weeks ever since, but I know from talking to his team that their CPNs see people who haven't been sectioned. If you have had a section 3 then I believe that you are entitled to support for as long as you need it, though I know some people have to fight to actually get this.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Sorry to hear that you have had bad experiences. I'm not convinced they were right about the CPN thing, My husband had a section 2 for a week 5 years ago, he was allocated a CPN a few weeks later who has seen him most weeks ever since, but I know from talking to his team that their CPNs see people who haven't been sectioned. If you have had a section 3 then I believe that you are entitled to support for as long as you need it, though I know some people have to fight to actually get this.
as one social worker put it help is only for those who've been sectioned and i doubt you've ever been sectioned, i volunteered when threatened with it

sometimes i feel resentful when i hear things like my friends neighbour whose been in rampton, and is doing voluntary work, he's got under rampton aftercare the support to deal with any dwp difficulties, it'd be nice if i had a named person i could hand those dwp forms to for defusing, instead of struggleing

N

nightmare57

When you've been on a section 3 your entitled to section 117 after care support. Thats what I receive. I have a community nurse which is basically a CPN but with me being under the learning disability team they are called community nurses. I have had the same community nurse over 2 years and its indefinite unlike CPN's which is time limited unless your on Clozapine. I have had really good support from my team.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my ex has learning difficulties, though she was thrown out of a mencap day centre due to her behaviour and referred to mind, she did go to mencap recently but without a carer to argue her case got nowhere

she's just got a pip form which she tells me she filled up herself going on about her menopause, i haven't made myself popular with her by saying thats not the criteria her cpn isn't available

she's recently taken out a crisis loan i feel she shouldn't be in that situation

offered to help her out but she doesn't want to be beholden to me, as one women said if you give her money you will turn her into a prostitute

N

nightmare57

my ex has learning difficulties, though she was thrown out of a mencap day centre due to her behaviour and referred to mind,
The local Mencap day centre here only take non-challenging service users that happily sit there all day making macaroni pictures and other unstimulating boring stuff and its about £36 a day to sit in a church hall doing naff-all all day.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The local Mencap day centre here only take non-challenging service users that happily sit there all day making macaroni pictures and other unstimulating boring stuff and its about £36 a day to sit in a church hall doing naff-all all day.
theres a mencap women in brent whose welll connected to the council and sees to it mencap is a priority and things like the local advocacy are run by umbrella groups quite often mencap is included. as they say it's a postcode lottery

i've promised myself i'll vote out brent council and it's priorities but how do i do that seeing voting tory
isn't acceptable to me

incidentally if labour gets in how do i know they're priorities won't be the same pc minority groups

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Wellbeing 2