• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

holiday

~minnie~

~minnie~

i had the vomiting/stomach bug 4 weeks ago and had to stop my meds as i couldnt keep them down....i was vomiting for over a week and my voices came back especially the one i hadnt heard for over 12months...now this voice is telling me that the meds are poison...although th vomiting bug has stopped after a week i still have a stomach bug 4 weeks on (went back the doctor and she said to go back in 2 weeks if i am not better!! i have had it 4 weeks up to now and i have lost a considerate amount of weight!)
i have been without meds now for 4 weeks and the voices are really loud especially this particular voice whos demanding me to hurt myself or someone else
my nurse has been coming to my flat twice a week and texting me too and hes asking me to see the psychiatrist but i am refusing because i dont trust them.....he wanted to put me on a step up care plan and i refused this too as i dont want different people coming to my flat everday, so he said he would make an appointment for me to see the psychiatrist in 3 weeks (waiting time to see one) but he did say that he has a duty of care and that if he comes to see me next week and sees that i am no better he will bring the psychiatrist on the next visit...he has been asking me to try to take my meds but i am refusing because they are poison
this easter break is killing me with no one to talk to, i cant talk to my family as i am trying to hide the fact i am struggling and besides i dont trust them
my close cousin has noticed a change in me and i have denied that i am unwell
the nurse was supposed to ring me on thursday and he didnt...maybe he was called out on an emergency which i understand
my close cousin had been asking me for two whole weeks to go on holiday with her and after thr nurse not ringing i thought f**k the lot of them i am going on holiday
i just need to get away from everyone and everything i am not unwell just running on adrenaline at the moment as i am not sleeping/not eating / drinking much neither as they are poison...anything i eat and drink goes through me right after and i cant handle that anymore
i am dreading the nurse ringing/texting/coming to my flat as i dont know how to tell him that i have booked a holiday for 3 weeks time
my question is can they stop me from going on holiday? as nurse suggested hospital and i said no i dont want to go into hospital....i am ok but he doesnt believe me

Mark_01

Mark_01

Sounds like you need help, Minnie, hope you do the right thing for yourself, that is what counts.

~minnie~

~minnie~

I have no one to talk to at the moment....I am really struggling with the voices...telling me to do bad things :(
I havent seen anyone in a week from the care team....I cant even ring them up neither
I think they are plotting against me
I have to get rid of the mind readers....shit shit shit

katya

katya

I have no one to talk to at the moment....I am really struggling with the voices...telling me to do bad things :(
I havent seen anyone in a week from the care team....I cant even ring them up neither
I think they are plotting against me
I have to get rid of the mind readers....shit shit shit
So sorry to hear you're struggling like this. Please remember that your care team are not out to hurt you. Hope you can ring them soon because it sounds as though you need some support right now.

S

seriouslydisturbed

Best of luck getting through this, the way i see the world at times isn't real. I dream while awake at times wish i didn't but i do.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Sorry you are having trouble, Minnie. What is a care team? I think I have the basic idea, but do they come to your house and visit you?

~minnie~

~minnie~

thanks for your replies

care team consists of psychiatric nurse, social worker and psychiatrist

i am dreading tomorrow....again...I get so anxious when my mobile bleeps or rings I am on tenderhooks

I havent been to bed since sunday....I am not even tired...I am not getting more than 4 hours sleep a night which is worrying me too

anything i eat or drink goes through me....someones poisoning me....it must be the mindreaders and thats why I have to get rid of them as quickly as I can before they hurt me

~minnie~

~minnie~

yes the nurse comes to my flat and visits me but he said last visit that if he doesnt see an improvement he will be bringing the psychiatrist next time.....which I dont want.....shit

Mark_01

Mark_01

It has dropped down to 1.1 C, and is raining, I think we'll get some snow. We are getting some thunder and bursts of wind. I really do love weather like this, nice day to stay inside, drink tea, and look out the window. Sounds like you have a good system, Minnie. I have to go to my psychiatrist, or social worker. They do have a special program for nurses to visit Veterans, but that is only in cities. I'd worry about Tinker if the ever sent me to the psych ward, it is a 100 miles away. I think some of the ladies her at the senior apartments would take care of her for me. I get worked up when I have to see my psychiatrist, too. I go over and over what I want to tell him, then forget when I see him.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
Hi minnie, just wanted to say I've read your posts, and sorry things are very hard. It's tough without anyone to talk to :hug: I don't know about the holiday, I shouldn't think they could prevent you unless you were admitted involuntarily, I'm not too sure though how they would view it. It doesn't sound right that your doctor says to come back in two weeks, four weeks is too long to be vomiting and losing weight and not be able to take your usual medication. Can you press to see them again sooner, or would your nurse be able to insist for you? When do you next get a visit? Take care today, I hope things will get easier soon :hug:

~minnie~

~minnie~

nurse came wednesday.....I told him about the holiday I am going on and hes not happy with me going on holiday when I am not on medication.....hes bringing the psychaitrist on the next visit....I am doomed!!! worried that they are going to stop me from going on holiday in 3 weeks time

going back the gp on wednesday as i am still not physically well....having to go the toilet everytime i eat or drink (sorry too much information)

i have to kill the mindreaders before they get to me.....not sleeping more than 3 hours a night....didnt go to bed last sunday and monday, had 1hrs sleep on tuesday....3hours sleep wednesday....2hrs sleep thursday and last night i had 1 hrs sleep......nurse said i need to sleep but i cant...voices are loud :(

fazza

fazza

The problem with going on holiday when you are ill is will your insurance cover you if you end up in hospital. I went to mexico a few years ago and spent two weeks in my hotel room watching tv. It was a waste of money because I was ill and should not have gone.

Make sure you declare all of your illneses to your insurance company before you go and perhaps consided posponing it until you are well

Mark_01

Mark_01

You shouldn't go on vacation if you are not feeling well, Minnie, especially if you have toilet and sleep issues.

~minnie~

~minnie~

I need to get away....I have had enough of the voices and everything.....:( sorry

D

Deliah

Hey Minnie, Sorry you are having a tough time. I know you want to go away, but you're not well and it won't make things better for you. Let people help you. Can you talk with the cousin you are intending to holiday with. She must be someone you enjoy being around or you wouldn't want to holiday with her. Can you trust her to explain that you are ill. Maybe you could plan to go on some ventures closer to home. Take some walks. Go to the park. You need to share thins with someone. You some support and that's ok. love to you D xxxx