• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Holiday

Apravo

Apravo

Hi I'm Andy, I've just joined forum this evening.

I'm interested to know your memories of your favourite holiday. Mine was Anglesey, North Wales as a 10 year old, staying in a clapped out caravan where you could hear every drop of rain and feel every shake of the caravan in the wind.

All the best😊

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

We used to go to the south of France a lot as a kid. Really enjoyed it - camping holidays. Just mucked around, fought the locals and drank beer. haha

Apravo

Apravo

Thanks b t. I could never get into camping, I need a comfy bed and a hot shower

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Thanks b t. I could never get into camping, I need a comfy bed and a hot shower
Yeah we did do a few camping trips but I do remember also staying caravans when we got older. Also remember playing cards while the rain thundered down!!

Apravo

Apravo

Yeh we used to play 3 card brag with my nan and grandad. I used to think I was really good at it but now I think they just let me win there spare change��

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yeh we used to play 3 card brag with my nan and grandad. I used to think I was really good at it but now I think they just let me win there spare change��
haha yeah used to play a lot of cards with the older family in Scotland. I used to be quite good and they didn't like me winning. Good excuse for a stiff whiskey and that was my great aunt. LOL

Apravo

Apravo

Haha. We always used to play cards New Years eve with my elder relatives until 12. Then go outside to sing auld Lang syne and then back to cards till about 2.30am. I miss those nights.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Haha. We always used to play cards New Years eve with my elder relatives until 12. Then go outside to sing auld Lang syne and then back to cards till about 2.30am. I miss those nights.
I agree - some awesome days/nights with family a good 30 odd years ago now. Miss that generation LOL.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
I think this is a really nice idea for a thread and a good ice-breaker. :)

My favourite holiday has to be when I was 5. My family and my Grandparents went holidaying in the south of France. The weather was beautiful, there was an amazing swimming pool near the campsite (we stayed in a caravan) and I just remember lots of laughs and love.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum.

I don't know if I can single out a favourite holiday but I have many fond memories of different family holidays as I was growing up. Now I can't even remember when my last holiday was! Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you are okay and finding the forum a good place to be.

Apravo

Apravo

Hey Somerset, nice to meet you! Thanks for your comments��

Apravo

Apravo

Hi PC, yes Im finding the forum helpful, it puts my own issues into perspective. Hope you get chance to have another holiday ��