• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

HOCD to TOCD

J

Jh9994

Hello everyone,
Let me tell you a story... It started only few months ago.. I got HOCD.. I'm a female who is 19..it was a nightmare because I have never thought about being with a woman.. I didn't know how it started it just started.. There has never been a day I didn't cry.. I couldn't handle the compulsions.. It is a nightmare... I couldn't talk to my own best friends.. I was ready to do anything to get my old self back.. To stop getting anxiety I stopped watching a lot of shows and movies that I liked... It is a really bad thing that I don't want my worst enemy to have it... This ocd slowly developed into suicidal thoughts.. I didn't feel any emotion.. It was like I didn't have any will to live...i thought it was a high time I see a professional... And then.. I was reading HOCD recovery stories.. That's when I came across the word Tocd and gender dysphoria .. Which sent me into a downfall.. I don't want to be a male.. I always wanted to marry man (even now)... I started thinking about my past like when I wanted to be a male.. No I have never had thoughts like that.. Can someone please help me what to do.. Is it common.. Or am I transitioning... I'm realllllllllly scared because I don't want to... I want my old self back..
Thank you.

E

EL112

Hey, I hope you’re better now, but I know exactly what you’re going through, it’s terrible and desperate! I also have suicidal thoughts in the worst crises, and have also gone through my mind if at the end of the day I wanted to be a man, we can’t control these thoughts, I know it’s difficult, it seems we’re becoming someone else or forcing ourselves to be! Unfortunately I don't know how to help you much, since I'm in the same situation, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone, you can talk to me if you want, I wish you the best♥

L

Lonelygirl91

I know exactly what you're going through. I suffer from HOCD and briefly in the past had OCD about being trans. The best thing is to stop engaging with these thoughts and try to take your mind off them. It's not an easy time during this COVID time and it probably makes people's OCD a lot worse with the anxiety of the situation and being at home. Maybe you should look into therapy.

R

rosegoldgirl14

Okay so my advice is check out this man on YouTube called hey It's Jesse he does work with HOCD and he's the reason that my thoughts went away. However even tho my thoughts went away I developed a fear that I will get TOCD bc I didn't wanna go through the trauma again. Unfortunately for my case my thoughts are back but this time about gender. I am not going to call it TOCD however bc it is the first day and this happens a lot with HOCD ppl who are getting better. I do have the symptoms tho. But I know I can get rid of it like I did last time
My advice are the following:
Write down what triggers the thoughts make a list my one about HOCD has 25+
Then make another list about the compulsions you get
I hope this helps

E

EL112

[QUOTE = "rosegoldgirl14, postagem: 2376485, membro: 97804"]
Ok, então meu conselho é dar uma olhada neste homem no YouTube chamado ei, é Jesse, ele trabalha com o HOCD e ele é a razão pela qual meus pensamentos foram embora. No entanto, mesmo que meus pensamentos tenham ido embora, desenvolvi o medo de pegar TOCD, porque não queria passar pelo trauma novamente. Infelizmente para o meu caso, meus pensamentos estão de volta, mas desta vez sobre o gênero. Não vou chamá-lo de TOCD, porém bc é o primeiro dia e isso acontece muito com pessoas HOCD que estão melhorando. Eu tenho os sintomas embora. Mas eu sei que posso me livrar disso como fiz da última vez
Meu conselho é o seguinte:
Escreva o que desencadeia os pensamentos que fazem uma lista, a minha lista sobre HOCD tem mais de 25
Em seguida, faça outra lista sobre as compulsões que você recebe
Eu espero que isso ajude
[/CITAR]
ÇI will definitely check it out! I'm very happy that you managed to get rid of it, until today I haven't seen any experience about a recovery or anything like that, made me more hopeful and I hope you will overcome this other battle! . Thank you very much, I wish you the best ♥

J

Jh9994

Hey, I hope you’re better now, but I know exactly what you’re going through, it’s terrible and desperate! I also have suicidal thoughts in the worst crises, and have also gone through my mind if at the end of the day I wanted to be a man, we can’t control these thoughts, I know it’s difficult, it seems we’re becoming someone else or forcing ourselves to be! Unfortunately I don't know how to help you much, since I'm in the same situation, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone, you can talk to me if you want, I wish you the best♥
Thank you so much

J

Jh9994

I know exactly what you're going through. I suffer from HOCD and briefly in the past had OCD about being trans. The best thing is to stop engaging with these thoughts and try to take your mind off them. It's not an easy time during this COVID time and it probably makes people's OCD a lot worse with the anxiety of the situation and being at home. Maybe you should look into therapy.
Thank you so much

J

Jh9994

Okay so my advice is check out this man on YouTube called hey It's Jesse he does work with HOCD and he's the reason that my thoughts went away. However even tho my thoughts went away I developed a fear that I will get TOCD bc I didn't wanna go through the trauma again. Unfortunately for my case my thoughts are back but this time about gender. I am not going to call it TOCD however bc it is the first day and this happens a lot with HOCD ppl who are getting better. I do have the symptoms tho. But I know I can get rid of it like I did last time
My advice are the following:
Write down what triggers the thoughts make a list my one about HOCD has 25+
Then make another list about the compulsions you get
I hope this helps
Thank you so much