• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

HOCD OR GAY??

N

Narcissist714

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If a guy is straight and has ocd he would have doubts and worry that he’s gay. If a guy is gay and has ocd he would have doubts and worry that he’s straight.

You already know this is ocd tricking you but you’re just looking for reassurance. You said you reached a point where you’re no longer sure of anything. That’s ocd right there. You always want to be sure of everything that you value. You need perfect certainty. You have a girlfriend but that’s still not enough to feel certain. You have clear moments where you know you’re not gay but then that’s still not enough. It’s never enough because you constantly ruminate about it. The more you ruminate, the more ocd causes you to doubt.

P

poliski

you're no necessarily gay. it is your choice. As with a person who wants to be gay, it is his choice. so if you dont want to be gay, you should not be. Coming to your questions , sometimes it is a the situation a man going through where in his subconscious he wants to overpower or he wants some one to overpower him. sometimes a man wants a close friend and he since he cant get him , he fantasize him. that has happened to many. Your doing ERP is a good idea. you'll figure out. dont make others make a choice for your forcefully.

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

If a guy is straight and has ocd he would have doubts and worry that he’s gay. If a guy is gay and has ocd he would have doubts and worry that he’s straight.
Definetely. Great post narcissist714.

I observe in my case, that OCD symptoms are weaker when I am stop to thinking too much and I am stop have excessive doubts about everything around me.

I think that symptoms like those described in that thread may be common in the cases of strongly rational personalities with tendency to overthinking and overanalysing.

@Endexo It is possible that you percieve your external live circumstances as... a bit boring? Be honest

cheers.

E

Endexo

It's a fact that I often ask myself why I am born in the world and I often don't really know what to do with myself and my time

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I do deep breathing excerises when I over think about situations that seem unfair. Its unfair to put labels on others, which I can see you did not. But sometimes you have to have an open heart. This will break all stopped emotions and take those feelings higher. This could make you feel uncomfortable and maybe would need some self reassurance. Its wonderful you're fully aware of what you want sexually. It's a good trait to have now a days. Stay positive. I don't believe you have OCD but if you get "freaked out" enough you could develope anxiety.

Stay calm N multiply those positive feelings.

K

khuang

you're no necessarily gay. it is your choice. As with a person who wants to be gay, it is his choice. so if you dont want to be gay, you should not be. Coming to your questions , sometimes it is a the situation a man going through where in his subconscious he wants to overpower or he wants some one to overpower him. sometimes a man wants a close friend and he since he cant get him , he fantasize him. that has happened to many. Your doing ERP is a good idea. you'll figure out. dont make others make a choice for your forcefully.
I hate to argue with you, especially on this topic, but being gay isn’t a “choice.” LGBTQ+ people are often persecuted for their sexuality. Who would want to choose to be called names, have people literally screaming at them and telling them that they are “going to Hell for being gay,” or be denied service by a family owned business just for being gay? Do you really think any of us wants that? Did you choose to be the gender or sexuality that you are? I’m sorry but you believed in what the right wing Christians have been saying for decades and needed a wake up call. Being gay definitely isn’t a “choice” and the damaging effects of conversion therapy proves it.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I hate to argue with you, especially on this topic, but being gay isn’t a “choice.” LGBTQ+ people are often persecuted for their sexuality. Who would want to choose to be called names, have people literally screaming at them and telling them that they are “going to Hell for being gay,” or be denied service by a family owned business just for being gay? Do you really think any of us wants that? Did you choose to be the gender or sexuality that you are? I’m sorry but you believed in what the right wing Christians have been saying for decades and needed a wake up call. Being gay definitely isn’t a “choice” and the damaging effects of conversion therapy proves it.
It's not fair to put labels on others but yes sometimes these things happen. Sometimes it happens over silly things or even overly sensitive type situations. There are a lot of disabled people and other people who have suffered discrimination or understand about being sheltered or being shut out because of a belief system or as you say it "something that was not a choice".
Judgement is still not feasible to use against anyone. Especially if it wasn't a choice.

I'm not into reforming the public or taking away freedoms. That's for the politicians and people who are able to protect us.

Be happy with yourself and make a change. You are you!

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

I often don't really know what to do with myself and my time
Exactly. I am also, and for me the best way to get rid intrusive thoughts is to find something what have sense to do.

I think, that the disscusion about literally being a gay isn't accurate. Let's spot, that If in this thread the topic of intrusive thoughts would be about 'being killer', 'being possessed by satan' etc. It would be no difference. It seems to me that we have the just the times when the topic of LGBT is... popular.

I had in my life as extreme, and sometimes totally absurdal topics of OCD, that gives me the accurate perception, that we rather should try to undertand mechanism of OCD than be focused of current one from the possible topics of that thoughts.

If I would try to deeply analyse the topics of my intrusive thoughts I should be in prison to the end of my life. If we'd base on way of thinking "your intrusive thoughts are the truth about you". It's dangerous.

E

Endexo

Yes, the stupid thing is that no matter how I try to distract myself, this fear is always present.

I have often had to deal with others (I call it ocd). I'm generally a bit scared. I was scared of death at the age of 12 or so. I just don't know if they were ocd or just thoughts. What I do know is that I also struggled with it for a while. Or even so, I am always afraid that I (if I see changes in my body that are not "normal") that I am terminally ill. I was afraid that I had MS or all kinds of tumors.

I think I should seek therapy with a therapist and not look for confirmation in forums. (Signs of a compulsion ???)

Thanks for all the answers.

Z

Zoe1

I was abused by someone of my own gender at an early age
which has made me a bit HOCD
although I dont show that outwardly
not to offend people

OCDguy

OCDguy

Even if I now see male bodies that are very trained. I honestly have to say it's not that I don't feel anything, but I'm not sure about the feelings I have are the same gay persons have or whether it's just the feeling of "hey, looks good. I want to be like him. "
In my opinion the media/film industry etc. depicts most male "role models" as being muscular/fit these days. Role models are there for people to aspire to be like. That's a world apart from finding them physically attractive...
I think you already mentioned that the real issue here is the intrusive thoughts which you are finding it hard to dismiss. Hopefully the above gives some clarity. If you have found there is a pattern developing where you are finding it hard to just dismiss these rediuclous intrusive thoughts (irrespective of their nature/topic), it might be a idea to devise a strategy for just dismissing them as soon as they enter your head, and turn your thoughts to more pleasant and rewarding things. Hope this helps :)