• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

HOCD, loss of attraction

L

LanceTresLoin

Hi everyone.
It's been two years since I lost my aesthetic attraction to women almost entirely (let's say 95%). My psychiatrist tells me that it will come back as it was before, I read testimonies, talked with people who said the same thing. I'm not really afraid that it won't come back like before, I almost don't test myself anymore (in two weeks, it must have happened twice on an actress I thought was beautiful, and no aesthetic attraction came back, I found her ugly :c). I do not have any physical anxiety anymore. I guess nothing comes back because I'm under some kind of pressure. If I understood correctly, it doesn't come back because I want it back as before so much.
My question are these: How do you get rid of that pressure? How do you take the pressure off? I want my life back, my life where I could spend days looking at girls and finding them pretty... I miss it so much.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hi everyone.
It's been two years since I lost my aesthetic attraction to women almost entirely (let's say 95%). My psychiatrist tells me that it will come back as it was before, I read testimonies, talked with people who said the same thing. I'm not really afraid that it won't come back like before, I almost don't test myself anymore (in two weeks, it must have happened twice on an actress I thought was beautiful, and no aesthetic attraction came back, I found her ugly :c). I do not have any physical anxiety anymore. I guess nothing comes back because I'm under some kind of pressure. If I understood correctly, it doesn't come back because I want it back as before so much.
My question are these: How do you get rid of that pressure? How do you take the pressure off? I want my life back, my life where I could spend days looking at girls and finding them pretty... I miss it so much.
Who is putting you under pressure? Get off your own back!!! Society is a total nonsense. Play by yoir own rules. Its your life, live it how you feel comfortable, not by what you were told

L

LanceTresLoin

I have difficulty expressing myself (I am not a native English speaker). When I talk about pressure, I'm talking about the pressure I put on myself by wanting so much that the attraction comes back (I miss it so much). I know I'm heterosexual. I've always liked girls, I've always found them pretty, I've always fantasized about them. Never in my life have I ever thought that a man was even just handsome... I don't care about society, I want to get my aesthetic attraction back for me, because I miss it, because not finding the girls I used to find gorgeous gorgeous anymore drives me crazy...

L

LanceTresLoin

Can someone help me please?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Are you on medication?because that can have a serious effect on your libido, if so you need to discuss this with your p/doc and tell them how much its worrying you. Maybe a change of medication could help you

L

LanceTresLoin

I am under SSRIs but only since January 2020. I'm under the care of a psychiatrist only because the loss of attraction.