• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hoarding.

American Boy

American Boy

I have been collecting a lot of stuff over the years, I must have had spent many thousands on stuff and its time to get rid of things.

I've been getting rid of stuff since the new year and now I'm getting rid of more things like the stuff I wanted to put on ebay but because I have so much, its easier just giving it to charity and that way its gone and I don't have to deal with it. The charity shop will be making a lot of money.

I'm hanging onto some things to sell on ebay but keeping it minimal because some things can cost more to sell after postage fees and ebay/paypal fees so some things are best just given away.

I've been doing really well letting go of things and now I'm moving on to my bedroom which I never thought I'd clear but it will take a while before everything is totally cleared out leaving things minimal.

I have a problem with hoarding "not hoarding rubbish" but collecting things like toy cars and a whole lot of other things.

L

Laudanum

I do that. I don't hoard rubbish, but have so much stuff. I like picking it up as a bargain (such as at car boot sales) then lose interest.

American Boy

American Boy

I do that. I don't hoard rubbish, but have so much stuff. I like picking it up as a bargain (such as at car boot sales) then lose interest.
I just get habits of liking something then having to start collecting a whole lot of it, I get to abscessed with things then lose interest thinking that I will make a profit on it at a later date then start collecting something else. I'm now going to work on stopping myself but it wont be easy with some things. I should just hoard money instead.

American Boy

American Boy

Also hoarders are given a bad name thanks to the TV shows of the ones that hoard trash. Hoarders are often seen as dirty and a health hazard but that's not the case with every person who ends up with lots of things.