• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hiya :)

R

RedEyedMagpie

Hiya, I’ve recently joined this forum. To be honest I’m not sure how I should introduce myself to all of you readers, but I’ll give it a go.
I suffer from anxiety and depression, and it’s been a struggle. As much as I try to break away from these things, I can never seem to do so. They’ve haunted me for years now, and I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that I’ll never be able to fully eradicate my demons and I’ll likely have to carry them for the rest of my life. But I flatly refuse to let them dictate and tarnish my life. I love life, for all of its brilliance and bitterness, and I don’t want to lose faith in that. I’m not a religious person and I lack faith in myself. But I admire wisdom and teachings from all backgrounds.
The reason I joined this forum I because I want to understand myself and others, and feel more connected to my humanity. The way I’ve been dealing with my mental health is to decode my person, to look back on my life so far and understand the experiences I had and how they impacted me as an individual. It’s a brutal process and I wouldn’t recommend going through it unless you are in a stable environment. I found a lot of pain, but it has helped me to puzzle together the factors which contributed to my anxiety and eventual emergence of my depression at 13 years. I’ve felt a bit more aligned afterwards.
However, I’ve realised that keeping this all to myself isn’t a benefit to me. There are things I want to say, to my family and friends but I have difficulty talking to people about my feelings and issues. I’ve always kept things to myself and there are somethings I’m not yet ready to say to them. So I thought I should try writing my experiences down and share them with people. Strangers. It’s kinda bold, but I’d be giving myself a voice. And I haven’t had much of a voice.
I’m sorry this is so long, but I guess I’m showing you my person through this introduction. I’m interested to hear your thoughts. I hope to go into detail about my mental health in later posts and read the posts of others as well, but I can’t guarantee I’ll be online often.
Thank you for listening.

B

Bod

Former member
Hello RedEyedMagpie, welcome to the forum I do hope that you can find it helpful here as everyone is helpful and so very caring.

Karmaman

Karmaman

Hello RedEyedMagpie
I hope you can connect with others on here who are struggling too.