• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hiya

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hello everyone I have just joined the group. My name's Dave and Im from the UK. I suffer with anxiety and depression, have done since 1983 - quite a while I guess. A few years ago I thought I had it beat but this summer it came back again so I'm more or less back where I started. I work as a mental health support worker these days but only for a couple of days a week since the problem returned. I'm interested in all aspects of mental health problems and would like to hear from anyone about anything. Take care now.

Regards

Dave

A

AJS

Founding Member
Dave

Hello Dave and welcome to the message board.
In life we are on a never ending wheel of change, it dosn't always have to be about mental health either.
For e.g giving up smoking,
we start with the thought,
then move onto taking steps to stop,
then we make the date to stop,
we stop,
we do all the right things to stop wanting that little white stick,
we fall off the wheel and have a fag,
we feel horrid,
but then we know that we have managed before so we know where to climb back onto the wheel of change.
Just because we relapse we haven't to punish ourselves for it,:cry: we need to find help in other ways to make us stronger
, the same with health issues. we need to change the way we think about things, not everthing is black and white. re training or brains to think in a different way is hard but with help and understanding we can do it.

Good luck with your job, (y)

Isobel

Isobel

Founding Member
Hello Dave

Hello Dave,
It's great that you've joined the group and I'm impressed that you've managed to keep on working at all with severe depression.
YOu've got a lot to offer, being on both sides so to speak.
Take care,
Isobel

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi there Dave :welcome: