• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hiya! Searching for some answers!

Castiel

Castiel

Hey,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all :)

Not sure how or what to write, its been a while since i have done this sort of thing!!

I have suffered from depression/anxiety in the past, and the past has come back to bite me in the butt, but worse than ever now! And it always rears its ugly head at the worst possible time! :unsure:

The last few years have been a real struggle. I have 2 gorgeous kids who need their mum, but unfortunately i haven't been there to support them. I have had 2 operations and 3 trips to A&E in the last year and i have 3 operations scheduled for this year. Luckily they are not complex surgeries, however the general anaesthetics always mess with your system.

I have seen various mental health practitioners, however none of them are ever able to help. They always want to send me to someone else, whatever happened to just talking to someone? That doesn't seem to happen anymore. I actually paid to go and see a hypnotherapist, and that helped for a while, but i am kind of back where i started.

I think all my physical and mental illness is taking its toll on my husband as he threatened to leave me only a few months ago. He had arranged new accomodation etc, but at the last minute decided to stay. Obviously this is still a problem, but i know its difficult to sort marriage problems when i am so ill all the time.

Anyway, I have rambled for too long!

Just hope i can help and offer some support to some of you out there :)

Thanks,

Castiel x

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi and :welcome:
Good to have you here.
Sorry to hear you have been so poorly and about your mh issues taking their toll on you and your hubby. Don't know how mine puts up with me.
Take care
Lady T:grouphug:

Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Lady T :p:p

I know, it must be hard for them, being men and all haha

Seriously tho, I can be a nightmare to live with at times, problem is trying to make the situation better for all parties :)

Cas x

P

princessjo

Hi Castiel, thank you for replying to my post.

Life has a habit of throwing a curve ball when you least need it. That's often why I have my episodes - it all just comes at once.

Know how you feel about your husband, I have done some things recently I am feeling so much regret for, and I do wonder why he stays with me (although he is suffering depression too so I guess he understands... to a point).

I also agree about being referred here there and everywhere. I went to my docs and asked to be referred to a counsellor (can't afford a private one) and was told I didn't qualify! Can't even remember theor reasons now I was so angry! Has made me very nervous about trusting docs now. At least on this forum people actually have an idea of what it is like to feel this way.

Anyway, welcome to the site, I hope you find solace here!
Jo
x
(P.S. You have the same name as my favourite Supernatural character so I had to message you!):p

Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Guys :)

Jo, i LOVE Supernatural and thats actually my nickname in my group of friends ;) So i am Castiel, the good angel :clap:

You are right tho, everything does happen all at once and that's when you hit a real low! The doctors dont really care cos to them all you have is *JUST* Depression and Anxiety. Which is so debilitating to people like us!

Hope to see you around on the forum :)

Cas x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Introduce Yourself 4
B Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 3
Froggie Frog Introduce Yourself 6
R Introduce Yourself 5