• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hiya Folks!

dollylama

dollylama

Founding Member
Hi everyone!

It occurred to me that I might be suffering from some sort of mood disorder so before I spend cash seeing a mental health professional I'll just spend my time here and get to know what others are going through! :)

D

Dollit

Perhaps you'd like to tell us why you think you have a mood disorder? Whilst listening to people is good actually talking to them about your experiences is better!

dollylama

dollylama

Founding Member
Thanks for your response.:)

I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from some kind of mood disorder because I was reading a bit about bipolar disorder and feel I have quite a bit of the symptoms listed down. My moods seem to alter from one extreme to the other, which affects my personality. It has come to the point where my friends even notice how weird I am (sometimes I'm so happy and want to hangout with them, other times I'm all gloomy and just want to be by myself).

I don't know if there's some sort of cure for this, I don't like having to snap at people when I'm having a bad day. I have a hard time controlling my anger, but I'm not violent. I'm constantly misunderstood because of this, people who don't know me well think I'm a bit of a "cruel" and "harsh" person when I'm actually not a bad person. I just have these really bad mood swings.:unsure::cry:

D

Dollit

Try making a mood chart which will give you an accurate picture of your moods if you are scrupulously honest and rigorous about it.

We all have a normal mood range which is reasonably variable - some people are "moody" by nature.

You start off with 0 which is the worst you can feel and go up to 9 which is the headiest manic you feel - remember that manic isn't about feeling good or high all the time it can be about being wildly out of control.

In the middle of the range at 4, 5 and 6 are your normal moods. 4 is the day you wake up and nothing goes right, 6 is the day you wake up and you can't put a foot wrong, 5 is bang on average.

Chart this over a 28 day period and then plot a graph on some graph paper and that's when you seen what your moods are really like.

There is quite a fashion to be bipolar at the moment and it's really not that common. I'm not saying you're not but a psychiatrist is the only person who can make a definite diagnosis and before then it would be wise to see a GP first.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
There is quite a fashion to be bipolar at the moment
Must have missed that one...which issue of vogue?

Edited to add...

:welcome:

D

Dollit

Cheaper magazines Rorschach that's why you missed it - you're just too posh! :p

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Cheaper magazines Rorschach that's why you missed it - you're just too posh! :p

Don't be deceived by looks. As my mother always liked to point out 'fur coat and no knickers' :innocent:

D

Dollit

The most revealing comment on the forum - Rorschach goes commando :LOL:

dollylama

dollylama

Founding Member
I will try that chart thing, and see how it goes. :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Dollylama and goodluck with the mood chart :flowers:

dollylama

dollylama

Founding Member
Thanks a lot Fedup. Somehow I'm feeling all "flowery" today. :D

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hi Dolly and :welcome: