Hit a low but dealt with it

Parayana

Parayana

Just a bad low felt suicidal really just wanted to get steaming or stoned but then I remembered what the Buddha said about you not being yyour thoughts and feelings if you were you could not be aware of them and my mind turned inward resting in mindful awareness and the low passed. I felt that shit I was considering calling the crisis team but thankfully I will not be having them round my flat at three in the morning.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im so glad the feeling passed but im sorry you had to go through it x
it would have been horrible having the crisis team around in the middle of the night
you can message me anytime at all and i will respond as quickly as possible
lots of love Lu x

Parayana

Parayana

Thanks for the kind words Lu. It took a while to pass, but Ihave cultivated a certain level of none attachment to my thoughts and feelings through meditation so I was able to rest in awareness and just observe it untill it passsed. At least I didn't get steaming to deal with it either.

Kerome

Kerome

That sounds really good, well done! You know what they say about your thoughts and feelings, that you can observe them coming and going, but it’s not always easy to be that detached or reach meditative states, especially when in the middle of something intense.

I’ve managed to do this a few times, and I’ve also been in situations where I’ve not been able to stay concentrated. Drink is a slippery slope because while it makes you feel better it also decreases your ability to concentrate, so the whole effort usually goes downhill quickly with the first glass of beverage.

antimatterTek

antimatterTek

I stopped drinking after the 4th of July. I used to drink a lot. I think I am an alcoholic. We went to a party on 4th of July and over the weekend I drank over 50 beers or more in 2 days.

After that, I decided that it was bad for my mental health and I did not enjoy drinking in the first place. It is hard because everyone I know drinks heavily, so it is kind of difficult to tell people I don't want a drink. We are going on a cruise in January and have the unlimited drink package. My wife thinks I will drink. I don't know.

She thinks I will not have a good time without it, but I feel so good both mentally and physically I don't know if I will ever have a drink again. I know if I have one, I won't stop.

R

Randomcrisis

Do you find it easy to stop? I managed to stop for three months in the winter (in a country where booze is very cheap) but now I'm back home I am struggling. I know it probably doesn't mix well with my medication (which I've been taking for just a month) and rationally I know it's bad for mind and body, but what was easy to give up in January is proving difficult now.