• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hirsutism. Being a hairy woman is a nightmare.

R

Rusalochka

Nothing works. There's no cure for hirsutism.

I went to the gynecologist and she did an ultra sound to check my ovaries. No cysts. So that means I don't have PCOS. I got my hormones checked years ago and they said it was normal. Where does this hirsutism come from?!

The hair is getting thicker and more coarse. Especially on my face. I have a thick stubble on my chin. The skin on my upper lip has darkened from years of hair removal. For some reason foundation won't even cover it up.

I've tried waxing, shaving, tweezing, epilators. It's a nightmare. Laser hair treatment is TOO EXPENSIVE.

I don't know what to do.

This has caused me to feel depressed and suicidal. I just want to be beautiful.

R

Rusalochka

Most people are either disgusted by you or have some creepy hairy woman fetish. :BLAH:

W

write

Did you ask about Vaniqa cream? Has been suggested a couple of times here. Is only thing that works for hirsutism ime. PCOS isn't about whether you have cysts or not, is a misnomer, the hormone levels will be causing the symptoms you experience. Sorry Dr wasn't more helpful.

R

Rusalochka

Did you ask about Vaniqa cream? Has been suggested a couple of times here. Is only thing that works for hirsutism ime. PCOS isn't about whether you have cysts or not, is a misnomer, the hormone levels will be causing the symptoms you experience. Sorry Dr wasn't more helpful.
Thank you.

Wow I actually didn't know that about PCOS! Thank you for telling me.

I'll ask more about it on my next doctors appointment. I'll also ask about Vaniqa.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
one of my friends came to visit, she's on steroids for various illnesses, we were coming back and caught the bus from outside the convent school, these little girls were making commments like do you see her mustache, she didn't appear to notice but hasn't visited since

S

Sad_hairy_nipple

Nothing works. There's no cure for hirsutism.

I went to the gynecologist and she did an ultra sound to check my ovaries. No cysts. So that means I don't have PCOS. I got my hormones checked years ago and they said it was normal. Where does this hirsutism come from?!

The hair is getting thicker and more coarse. Especially on my face. I have a thick stubble on my chin. The skin on my upper lip has darkened from years of hair removal. For some reason foundation won't even cover it up.

I've tried waxing, shaving, tweezing, epilators. It's a nightmare. Laser hair treatment is TOO EXPENSIVE.

I don't know what to do.

This has caused me to feel depressed and suicidal. I just want to be beautiful.
Hi!

You should talk about flutamide or bicalutamide with your gynecologist.
Bicalutamide and flutamide block androgen receptors. Both of them proved to significantly lower severity of hirsutism (by 61% in six months)