• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hii new here and struggling

S

Sogi

Hey there,

Im Sog, and Im new here. I'm feeling really down and alone this period. I have lost contact with all my old friends in high school and now that I'm in a new friend group I don't like any of them ,and I just sit there because I have no-one else. I feel uncomfortable and I think I don't have anything in common to talk about. I always find excuses to not go out with them and I just feel so awful because J can't be like that from now on.

Any advice or help is wanted :(

Thanks for reading <3

B

Bod

Former member
Hello Sogi, welcome to the forum I do hope that you will settle here as everyone is caring and helpful.

thousandsunny07

thousandsunny07

Hi Sog (or is it Sogi?). It's nice to meet ya!
I struggle with the exact same thing. So scary but so cool to know that other people are experiencing the same thing.

I wouldn't say I'm antisocial- just find it very difficult to socialize and make friends. I wouldn't say I'm shy either- just very reserved and socializing drains me mentally and physically. I actually feel so tired after talking or hanging out with people. Something I'd advise you is that you can still talk to your new group of "friends" without actually considering them as real friends. Just acquaintances- you know, people that you talk to here and there but aren't necessarily close enough or connected enough with you to consider as friends. Those real friends will come when they come- or maybe take a leap of fear (because if you're like me, it's out of fear that I end up doing things and realizing it's not so bad) and start up a conversation with someone! I did that and we've been friends for over 5 years now- and we're complete opposites in terms of personality, but share a lot of interests. What about online friends? I've made friends online, and that's perfectly okay. Nothing wrong with not being able to hang out in person. You can eventually grow into liking videochatting (took me a while, but it's fun!). Friends are people you like. You should want to see them, talk to them, or hang out.

You also don't have to see them frequently- they can be friends you check in with every once in a while. You don't always have to have them around (unless you want to!). Just be patient, but also be true with yourself. Why hang out with people you don't even like? What do you think?

T

Tombomb

Happened too me too when hospitalized in 11 grade. But since I got hospitalized i lost the chemistry with the other students ! Kinda like the opposite of this sight ?