• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

high anxiety

S

susan k

I have been so anxious and depressed for the past 5 weeks and my medication doesn't seem to be working.I am only happy when I am sleeping and find getting up each day harder and harder.I walk for at least an hour every day and do breathing exercises to calm myself but it doesn't last very long and I am back to panic mode again.Any tips or suggestions would be amazing I feel incredibly frightened and my mind seems to be attacking itself

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

How long have you been on your medication for? Sometimes it takes a while for it to kick in. Also, it can take you trying out several medications before you find one that works for you.

What do you do during the day? I wonder how structured your day is, and if working on a routine might help?
Have you noticed anything in particular that triggers your anxiety?

It sounds to me like you are really doing some good things, in terms of walking and breathing exercises, so it must be frustrating for you not to be feeling much different.

Being creative is something I find helps me feel a bit better.
Even if it's doing colouring in (you can find loads of good adult colouring-in books online).. my whole mind gets absorbed in what i'm doing and so the anxiety temporarily goes away.

I'm not sure how able you are to concentrate, but activities like crosswords and the like also help me too.