• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hiding a mental illness

EdEd

EdEd

Well , I think they could hide symptoms from others perhaps...but I dont know if they could hide the symptoms from themselves.

H

Habs

I think my partner is suffering from this, he has been signed off from mental health team and not taking meds anymore! Symptoms have eased but he's left with a fixed belief about me having an affair! He has made life changing decisions! we have split up now and it has tore our family apart but it seems only I can see something isn't right, as he is going to work, making an effort with the children and planing for the future! Nothing makes sense!
Also this only started when he stopped cannabis, help anyone!!!!

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I hid it for awhile until I had to tell my friends for the support. My friend even went to my psychiatrist appointments with me because it is hard for me to explain my situation.

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I think my partner is suffering from this, he has been signed off from mental health team and not taking meds anymore! Symptoms have eased but he's left with a fixed belief about me having an affair! He has made life changing decisions! we have split up now and it has tore our family apart but it seems only I can see something isn't right, as he is going to work, making an effort with the children and planing for the future! Nothing makes sense!
Also this only started when he stopped cannabis, help anyone!!!!
Weed can cause psychosis so it is probably good he isn't anymore but the damage could already been done. I smoked for years and I have psychosis that could be caused from it. I have been doing CBD and it is helping me a lot, maybe suggest he try that. Good luck, sorry to hear what you are going through.

H

Habs

Thanks for the reply and I know it must have been cannabis that caused this as before he stopped we were a happy family!! People have told me maybe it's guilt he is feeling and that's why he's acting as he is because he has been unfaithful! I don't know what to think anymore as he has been signed off from the mental health team and stopped anti pysicotics so in his eyes he is not mentally ill!!