• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

HI

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Just to introduce myself let me say that I have sufferred from depression for around 13 years at present I am taking 225mg of Venlafaxine per day and started group psychotherapy five weeks ago. I still get very low and find some aspects of day-to-day life difficult to cope with at times. I work for the NHS and my biggest worry is losing my job because of sick time, I have only had about 35 days off sick in the past year, mostly certificated, but the sickness management policy is quite confrontational and draconian which linked to a lack of understanding of depression makes life difficult.

Anyway thats the bad stuff. The good stuff is that I have a supportive, but long sufferring wife and two good sons.

Also I'm glad to find this site where, hopefully, I can swap information and support.

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
:welcome: Blackdog - I think this forum is great and hope you will enjoy it too.

Rollinat

L

little me

Founding Member
Welcome Blackdog, glad to have you here. :):welcome:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
:welcome: to MH forum blackdog. I hope you enjoy making friends here, it's a great place and there's a great crowd of lovely people here :hug::D

D

Dollit

Hi Blackdog - you couldn't have found a better place, this is the most magical place :welcome:

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi blackdog and :welcome: to MHF, do join in the forums when you are ready and have some light hearted fun too. :hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Just to introduce myself let me say that I have sufferred from depression for around 13 years at present I am taking 225mg of Venlafaxine per day and started group psychotherapy five weeks ago. I still get very low and find some aspects of day-to-day life difficult to cope with at times. I work for the NHS and my biggest worry is losing my job because of sick time, I have only had about 35 days off sick in the past year, mostly certificated, but the sickness management policy is quite confrontational and draconian which linked to a lack of understanding of depression makes life difficult.

Anyway thats the bad stuff. The good stuff is that I have a supportive, but long sufferring wife and two good sons.

Also I'm glad to find this site where, hopefully, I can swap information and support.

Hello and :welcome:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: blackdog.

How sad (and appalling) it is to hear that the NHS is such a bad employer in this respect.

Nick.

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Thanks for the welcome guys.(y)