• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

HI

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Just to introduce myself let me say that I have sufferred from depression for around 13 years at present I am taking 225mg of Venlafaxine per day and started group psychotherapy five weeks ago. I still get very low and find some aspects of day-to-day life difficult to cope with at times. I work for the NHS and my biggest worry is losing my job because of sick time, I have only had about 35 days off sick in the past year, mostly certificated, but the sickness management policy is quite confrontational and draconian which linked to a lack of understanding of depression makes life difficult.

Anyway thats the bad stuff. The good stuff is that I have a supportive, but long sufferring wife and two good sons.

Also I'm glad to find this site where, hopefully, I can swap information and support.

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
:welcome: Blackdog - I think this forum is great and hope you will enjoy it too.

Rollinat

L

little me

Founding Member
Welcome Blackdog, glad to have you here. :):welcome:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
:welcome: to MH forum blackdog. I hope you enjoy making friends here, it's a great place and there's a great crowd of lovely people here :hug::D

D

Dollit

Hi Blackdog - you couldn't have found a better place, this is the most magical place :welcome:

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi blackdog and :welcome: to MHF, do join in the forums when you are ready and have some light hearted fun too. :hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Just to introduce myself let me say that I have sufferred from depression for around 13 years at present I am taking 225mg of Venlafaxine per day and started group psychotherapy five weeks ago. I still get very low and find some aspects of day-to-day life difficult to cope with at times. I work for the NHS and my biggest worry is losing my job because of sick time, I have only had about 35 days off sick in the past year, mostly certificated, but the sickness management policy is quite confrontational and draconian which linked to a lack of understanding of depression makes life difficult.

Anyway thats the bad stuff. The good stuff is that I have a supportive, but long sufferring wife and two good sons.

Also I'm glad to find this site where, hopefully, I can swap information and support.

Hello and :welcome:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: blackdog.

How sad (and appalling) it is to hear that the NHS is such a bad employer in this respect.

Nick.

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Thanks for the welcome guys.(y)