• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi...

R

RXQueen

...Im new here and pretty much don't know where to start. This is the first time in 4 years i've actually spoken about this. I started having panic attacks when i was 14 at school... which made me go from a A student to hardly ever turning up. I started having them when my parents got divorced, which ive never actually thought was the reason but people like to tell me it is. Then 2 years later i started getting them at home, i started to think of all the things that would go wrong in my life... which led to me trying to commit suicide twice. Now im 20 my life is pretty much in pieces. Its gone from just ainexty/panic attacks to full blown depression. I dont want to do anything anymore. I know i should be happy... im an attractive young women, my parents are wealthy but i feel suicidal again. I feel numb, i dont sleep for days and lately i find myself drinking alot to make me almost feel again? I dont understand it. Now and again il get moments where i break down because everyone around me seems to be living life so easy and i actually remember what i used to be like... now i feel like i cant even get out of bed. My mum is bipolar which pretty much led to my dad leaving her so i cant even mention the fact that i feel this way... when i tried to commit suicide twice at 16, i left the hospital and nobody ever spoke about it again. My friends have no idea whats going on... nobody does. I just dont feel like the person i was a few years back. Im not looking for sympathy... just help? Sorry about the rant.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, :welcome: to the forum. Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. Have you been to see your GP? It sounds like you might well have depression and he should be able to help with that.

R

RXQueen

Thanks! I went about 2 years ago and they gave me a few books to read which didn't help at all. I almost feel guilty about going to my GP because its been drummed into me by my dad that im not allowed on medication because he doesnt want me to end up like my mother. I kind of feel like its my fault for letting it get to this point without telling anyone or asking for help.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Don't feel guilty, it's an illness like any other, which apparently has a tendency to run in families. I doubt it was the medication that made your mother like she was, it was probably the illness not properly controlled.