• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

hi

C

charlie86

hi, I'm just a 22 y/o guy from London who feels lonely, keep having infatuations woith women that start off well but then I lose it and go into my own little world of obsessing, I know it's wrong, and I know that I could stand a chance if I just kept it together - ironically what attracts them in the first place is that I seem solid and pretty focussed in my life, etc. But then it always happens, some girl comes along and I go to peices. I just come out of a 2 year "relationship" if you can call it that. and I've moved back to Britain after over a year living away. Have trouble making friends with lads of my own age especially, not helped by the fact that I'm living in a place I don't really meet any (just 2 who are fine but I have 0 in common with). I just find I feel very lonely and have no-one to talk to about all this.

In any case so far I'm functioning pretty well. My lowest point was 2 years ago when I stopped eating properly, stopped sleeping, roamed the streets at night, had to take pills to sleep, transferred my course, walked out on my old friends etc., because I had fallen in love with a girl and couldn't tell her. Then I got over it and met my other girlfriend but I don't know if I ever really got over those tendencies, I feel at some point I could slide back. I'm 22, so wtf do I have ahead of me?

Finally my dad suffered from years of depression maybe I get it from him?

I just feel I want to talk to someone about this shit, casually, so I can just talk to someone who knows the whole score. not askign to resolve any problems. if anyone volunteers I can add u to msn, PM me...:)

iffybob

iffybob

Hi

Hi and welcome,

If you have a diagnosis , that may help you to find where you want to be on here.

One of my most common suggestions I give on here is to get a hobbie or interest, to help you focus, you dont have to be good at it, it just needs to keep you interested.

boB..........:cool:

C

charlie86

Hi,
I've got hobbies and interests. just no love in my life...I keep myself busy and I believe v strongly in what I do. But I'm still lonely. Then it hits me when I fall in love and I got no energy for the other shit I do.

iffybob

iffybob

help ........ maybe

Infatchuation can be all consuming, try to learn from what you do, it is the only way to grow, none of use are perfect, and we all have things that distract our attention, learing moderation, and accepting we should not give them all our attention , will take practice.

You know what you do, at least you have that, just realise that for you, you see as a prob and try to ease off a little, it is called "self monitoring", it takes a lot of practice, I am still working on it , but I feel I am not so activly self destructive as I used to be.