• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Hi

L

Louise 28

Founding Member
Hi, Im new to this group too.

I probably fit the catagory of depression best. Thats how I describe my problems to others,to make it easier to explain without telling them my whole life history.

Are there any of you out there who'd put themself in the 'depression' catagory?

Im having a bit of a low at the moment/ this month. Im very lonley, and although I split up with my husband well over a year ago, and have had a boyfriend since, its now that I find myself feeling so, so lonley.
Although, a friend gave me her hamster to look after, because she's got a six week old baby, and said I could give the hamster more love. So I do feel a bit more like Ive got 'someone' to live for...

And to the young person, Callum who introduced themself earlier, try and hang in there, with time, you develop new skills, and they can help you when you're down. The skills dont always help enough but they can take the edge off it.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi Louise,

I'm sorry to read about your situation,I really hope that it improves for you soon.

I suffer from anxiety,whether it is through depression I really don't know at this stage but I can certainly relate to how it makes you feel.

:hug:

D

Dollit

Louise people here go through the depressive cycles by the bucket load. Whatever the diagnosis it seems we all get depressed from time to time, some worse than others.

Big life events sometimes take a long time to catch up with us and then they can hit really hard.

Welcome anyway to our forum and I hope you'll join in. We talk serious stuff but down in the cafe we have fun too and it's a good place to visit. :welcome:

L

Louise 28

Founding Member
Thanks for the replies, it was nice to find a site that i could be pretty open with my feelings. And share them with others, or talk to others about heir life too. :)

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
hello louise

:welcome:

i am very much in the "depression" category too :)

L

Louise 28

Founding Member
Hi Sandybob,
thanks for your reply, and I love your eyeore!
I sometimes feel like eyeore, and he always makes me smile when I see him!:D

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
The merrygoround

A special welcome louise to the forum ,sorry to hear about your depression.Spring is here something to look forward to,life will get better, time is a great healer.honestjohn,honest.

M

mollycat

Founding Member
Hi Louise and :welcome:

I hope you find loads of support on this forum - you found your way here and thats a great step forward.

Take care

Mollycat

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hey Loiuse

:welcome: to the site and be sure to know you will get a lot of support here.....JibbaJabba xx

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Bit late on the firm here Louise, but, better late than never...

:welcome:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Louise , hope you find " us " supportive :)