• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi

C

Callum_Edgar

Founding Member
Ok so i hate talking about myself but here goes. Im Callum(I hate it too) im 19 and i live in the UK:unsure:. Im currently suffering from "Clinical Depression" and im on medication and also seeing psychiatrists. I am male and i cut myself im embarassed about it as not many people expect men to self-harm like that. My life is bad worse than it i ever thought it would be, i have no job as i have strong anxiety and it affects me from working as i don't like being around other people, i always assume they think the worst of me. I have attempted suicide but i failed and i have so many other things happening at the moment that its hard to determine how much more i can actually take and wether or not im going to go over the edge. I came her as i have no one else to talk to my family don't understand this illness and they don't want to help and its frustrating when i need them they just turn away and the way i see it is why stay in this world? no one would even care if i killed myself infact they'd probably celebrate my death, but really i don't know what else to do.

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
hello and welcome to this forum :welcome:

if you get the chance to read previous posts by users of this site you will see that many echo how you are feeling.

although i don't have any answers for you i know that i have received valuable support from this forum.

also have you thought about calling Samaritans or other phone line as they do offer a good service - they listen, don't judge and in my expereince gave me the space to free some stuff from my over loaded brain.

take care:hug:

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Strength

Welcome Callum your introduction was very sad and moving,I have only just joined the forum myself.I would not in your current situation try to advise you what to do,because i am not qualified to do so.However could strongly recommend that you contact an organisation called Mind,they will be able to guide and help you through your present state of mind.I take it your uk based so there will be one in your area,if you want it, just post your town on here and one of us will direct you there.Listen Callum you have made a brave show of strength by joining us here,I'm sure in the coming months you will improve your present situation.honestjohn honest.

D

Dollit

Welcome Callum and thanks for your honesty. I'm having it difficult too at the moment. I'm a bit older than you and have worked out a coping strategy with my GP & consultant which is in action at the moment. I've also got a good friend who I email when I'm like this - he reads the emails even though he doesn't have to - just to get the stinking thinking out of my head. I've talked to a lot of people today and the ones that have helped the most are the friends. We have an agreement that I can tell them exactly how I feel but they have to be able to tell me what goes on in their world. And that's what we do and it keeps me reminded that there is a life just waiting for me to continue living. I'm very tired today, very emotional but for the first time in a few days I'm actually confident that I'm not going to die. There are members of this forum who have been wonderful over the past few days and kept me going by their messages and love and friendship. This is a good, good place Callum - please stay and get the benefits that I do. xx

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Callum and welcome. You picked the right place, there are people here that understand what clinical depression is like, me for one. Hopefully once you can understand what its all about you will be able to see it in a different light. Hang in there, it gets easier. :)

jackskellington

jackskellington

Founding Member
Hi Callum...
I don't have a great deal of advice for you, as others have said, we're not qualified... and I'm also having a pretty rough time at the moment. But it's a positive thing that you're here, and it's also a positive thing that you're alive and showing that you're willing to deal with these issues. You'll find a lot of support here, and the journals section is great for creating a blog to get things off your chest... have a look around...
We're here if you need us.

Jack

C

Callum_Edgar

Founding Member
Thank You

At least i know i can come here when i need to vent :) thats always nice.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Callum and :welcome: to MHF, we are here 24/7. I do not have any answers or advice for you at the moment, but hope you continue to post and find the help and support you are looking for :hug:

jackskellington

jackskellington

Founding Member
You're welcome. As I said, it's what we're here for

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Callum , hope you find some support from us :)

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
hello callum (great name ... same as my son ;):D

:welcome: to here ...

its lovely to see you :hug:

jackskellington

jackskellington

Founding Member
Hi Sandy... how you doing tonight?

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey Callum, I also love the name, it was the name of a character in a Clive Barker book (Weaveworld)...have you heard of him??? Seems that you've been welcomed by a few of us, so must add mine....

:welcome:

...hopefully you can find some fellowship here...

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hello Callum

Greetings and a belated :welcome: to the forum. I'm sorry to hear how low you are, please keep coming back here and talking with us all, you will find support and friendship here :hug:

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to you!
stick around you will get lots of support here!

jibbajabba