• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi

S

shelly33

Hi my name's Shelly and I'm 33. I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder for 15 years, now I've developed an anxiety disorder (in the middle of a depressive episode at the moment). I experience social anxiety and I worry about everything, and have the typical symptoms of feeling like I'm going crazy, like I'm locked in my own mind, obssessing constantly, derealisation, depersonalisation and the physical stuff, along with panic attacks. My doctor offered me short term diazepam whilst my new antidepressant (I am on 5mg daily citalopram for now, as I tend to go manic on antid's, but the dr thinks this will be some help) had time to kick in, but I only took 3mg for 4 days then took the tablets back because I was so afraid of getting addicted. As I've managed without help from mental health services for 2 years my dr is supporting my decision not to be referred back (we can both see evidence that I do better without their involvement), but I would like support and advice with coping with anxiety, as I am restricting my life and have become very isolated, which is now exacerbating my problems. That's why I joined this forum. I hope to hear from someone soon!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello Shelley33

Welcome to the forum - I think you will find a lot of people on here with the same sort of issues including myself. Hope you find it helpful Here
Take Care
KS
:welcome:

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Shelly33,
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
Have a look around and know you are not alone. As Keepsafe said, there are people here in a similar situation and understand what you are going through.
Please take care and keep posting. :flowers:

S

*Sapphire*

Hi shelly33

And :welcome: to the forum!
There is a wealth of knowledge, experience and support to be found here! :)

S

shelly33

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's replied to my posts. I've only just learned to use the internet, and this is the first time I've dared post in a forum (I was scared of being rejected). I've found this place to be really welcoming and friendly, and your replies have meant a lot to me. I don't feel so alone now.

Shelly xxx

(y)

G

grace68

hi shelly!

i've just replied to you on my journal! it was so nice of you to post on my journal, :thx:

i hadn't read your intro-post when i replied. i too have been diagnosed with bi-polar for about 10 years now, but my mental health problems started way back, since i was 11 (thats 30 years now) ! i also suffer from crippling social anxiety, as a part of my depressive episodes. i found this site when i was desperately low, stuck in, day after day, isolated completely. i have just been so grateful for the support and shared experiences i found on this site!

i'm glad your experience on here has so far been positive. i know that i've already appreciated you being on here, we do seem to have alot in common!:hug: