Hi

A

april

Founding Member
Hi All
Just a quick hello. I'm new here just found the site today gonna have a nose round though:) looks interesting.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi April, welcome to the boards!!!!

:welcome:

A

april

Founding Member
thanks

:) thanks 4 the welcome guess I should mention I have suffered with depression and anxiety and am now meds free for about 9 months now. I'm caring for my daughter at the mo who has depression and other mental health problems.Very trying time for me watching her gothrough what shes going through but at least I can relate.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
:) thanks 4 the welcome guess I should mention I have suffered with depression and anxiety and am now meds free for about 9 months now. I'm caring for my daughter at the mo who has depression and other mental health problems.Very trying time for me watching her gothrough what shes going through but at least I can relate.
Yep, as you say when you offer her advice she will know it comes from a place of experience, not merely soundites you picked up while watching an episode of a soap opera, i.e. eastenders ;)

mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi April

Welcome :welcome:

:) thanks 4 the welcome guess I should mention I have suffered with depression and anxiety and am now meds free for about 9 months now.
Being med free is a great result! :clap: How did you manage to do it?

I'm caring for my daughter at the mo who has depression and other mental health problems.Very trying time for me watching her go through what shes going through but at least I can relate.
Hopefully you'll have discovered the section of the forum for friends, relatives, partners and carers. We are hoping that there will be a lot of mutual support there.

A

april

Founding Member
Thanks for the welcome once again, being med free has been great for me I just knew it was time to come off them. I had no side effects at all which I guess is lucky for me. I keep constantly busy to keep my mind occupied. I work and go to college but am a mature student :). I've applied to Uni for next year so wish me luck.

I do sometimes feel guilty about my daughter I sometimes wonder if it is my fault that she has depression, but I also know I have to be strong for her and what she is going through as I didn't have that and that would probably have made a big difference to me. My daughter is going through a really difficult time of it asshe is only 16 which makes it even harder at her age.

I'll keep on posting haven't had chance to look at all the forums yet
Cheers
April

Attachments

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I work and go to college but am a mature student :). I've applied to Uni for next year so wish me luck.

Good luck with that, I'm just finishing my BSc. Quite a hard slog with my meds and 09:00hrs lectures but pretty well all done now. Very rewarding experience...

A

april

Founding Member
I'm just finishing my BSc. Quite a hard slog with my meds and 09:00hrs lectures but pretty well all done now. Very rewarding experience...
Thats fantastic Rorschach well done. Hope I can do as well. I'm sure it is very rewarding. I have to do another 4 A levels at college got a few more exams to do but have been flying through them. I haven't studied in over 20 years so I pretty pleased with myself. I've had to do the A levels to get UCAS points but will also be doing BSc.

Once again well done
:clap:

Attachments

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
I studied A'Levels some years ago but to get on my course did a Diploma over a year. I've been studying part time which takes much of the strain off (and you don't pay back your fees/grant so I end up with no debt!), worth thinking about. Do you know about DSA, that can help with things too.

What are you going to study? Psychology?

mischief

mischief

Admin
Hi Roschach

Do you know about DSA, that can help with things too.
Don't know if you spotted in another thread I wrote about having a Mental Health Support Wiki on the forum website. Would you be willing to write up a few words about Disabled Students' Allowance that we could add to the wiki once we've got it on line? Already DSA has come up a few times of the forum and it would be great to have some information to share about it. I think it would really help a number of people. :D

mischief

mischief

Admin
I work and go to college but am a mature student :). I've applied to Uni for next year so wish me luck.
Hey that is brilliant. Good Luck! I've done my university studies as a mature student. I really enjoyed it. Hope it goes well for you! (y)

I do sometimes feel guilty about my daughter I sometimes wonder if it is my fault that she has depression, but I also know I have to be strong for her and what she is going through as I didn't have that and that would probably have made a big difference to me.
I think just being there is so important. I think it is ok, and good learning, to let others know that one can't be strong all the time. We all have our times of being strong, as well our times of not being strong. Its just the way that it is.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi Roschach

Don't know if you spotted in another thread I wrote about having a Mental Health Support Wiki on the forum website. Would you be willing to write up a few words about Disabled Students' Allowance that we could add to the wiki once we've got it on line? Already DSA has come up a few times of the forum and it would be great to have some information to share about it. I think it would really help a number of people. :D
Yep I spotted it when you said. I'll happily write up a report of my experience, and fill in any gaps using .gov.uk sites :)

Attachments

mischief

mischief

Admin
Yep I spotted it when you said. I'll happily write up a report of my experience, and fill in any gaps using .gov.uk sites :)
Thanks! I better get a move on and add the wiki then in preparation!

A

april

Founding Member
Thanks

Thanks Mischief I agree that being there is important it's still hard tho.

I am doing the access to higher education at college but had to take it over 2 years as they had no 1 year places left. I only have until next year may then I'm done.

Rorschach, what is DSA? never heard of it, I'm also studing part time at college but want to do full time at Uni if its at all possible. I'm doing hopefully Criminal and Forensic Psychology.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome:

I too am i carer but i have the added bonus of being unwell myself too.

Good on ya for being able to be med free now .

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Rorschach, what is DSA? never heard of it, I'm also studing part time at college but want to do full time at Uni if its at all possible. I'm doing hopefully Criminal and Forensic Psychology.

I took some Psych modules, but I did a BSc in Anthropology. I'm not sure I could have handled a Full Time course re: exams and coursework as I also have a job. DSA = Disabled Students Allowance.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi April

How's thing's going ?

A

april

Founding Member
Well haven't been round much snowed under with assignments. Got some news though, I've applied to Uni and have two interviews. One on wednesday and one on the 27th Feb. Scared to death about them but hey got to do what I have to do.
My daughter is doing great the Dr has cut down her meds to see how it goes and her therapist is talking about takeing her off her books so thats good news. She is doing loads better.
At the moment I'm just taking it one day at a time
Thanks for asking though Fedup

cheers I'll try to pop in a bit more
April

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Well haven't been round much snowed under with assignments. Got some news though, I've applied to Uni and have two interviews. One on wednesday and one on the 27th Feb. Scared to death about them but hey got to do what I have to do.
My daughter is doing great the Dr has cut down her meds to see how it goes and her therapist is talking about takeing her off her books so thats good news. She is doing loads better.
At the moment I'm just taking it one day at a time
Thanks for asking though Fedup

cheers I'll try to pop in a bit more
April
Hi

Pleased thing's are still going well :), goodluck with your interviews (y)

:clap: goodnews about your daughter also :)

Keep us posted how thing's go :flowers: