• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

:) Hi

E

EternusCaries

Founding Member
I have a question about DID/MPD. I have been diagnosed with it since I was 13 however I'm too afraid to tell my psychologist much more about my disorder besides the fact that there are 3 male voices that basically have their own lives inside of my head. The reason why I haven't told her anymore is because I'm not sure if my DID/MPD is 'normal'. Is it normal for my alters to take on the forms of book characters? I would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Thank you,

Nicole

p.s - I also just posted a thread in the introduction forum if you want some background information on me.

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hey Eternus

I have a strange relationship with 'voices' because although I consider that I don't hear voices, there is one very clear voice accompanying my own thoughts on a daily basis.

It's a voice I have grown to love, and I consider it the voice of my guardian angel.

I guess I'm not normal at all.

And I don't care two hoots :D

I think it is quite extraordinary how complex our brains are and I'm sure there are no two people alike. There are people here who hear voices so I'm sure you will get some useful advice

:hug:

D

Dollit

I think the overwhelming 'fact' that comes out when people talk about their voices is that it seems that each person has one voice that is a protector or the protective factor in their lives. I don't think that it's relevant to ask if it's normal if it helps. I was always told that I didn't hear voices I had lots of thoughts and I've always heard the most amazing music when I'm under stress. I don't mention to the psychs or the GP anymore - haven't done for years. Still don't know whether it's voices or thoughts but I do know it doesn't matter. :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
The voice i hear occasionally i dont class as individuals. I suppose there must be different levels of voice hearing. From the kind like your to the intrusive thoughts.

My main ones are intrusive thoughts that babble on at an incredible rate about anything and everything, usually derogatory. Then i have my voices that sound like being in a swimming bath, all echoes and unclear. The most frightening for me tho is the external one that is a definate clear sharp voice, usually telling me something.

I class myself as lucky because other then the intrusive thoughts i dont think that its to big a problem for me:tea: