• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hi

N

_N_

Hi, there i'm new to thease forums and i also think i have problems. I became quite depressed and left school in my adolescence i didn't get a job and have become reclusive, i havn't had my hair cut in months as i find social situations uncomfortable and try to avoid them. I havn't learned to take care of my aperance at all witch only makes me more socialy anxious and i am coming under pressure from my family to find work but i just can't seem to make myself do it. My fathers wife blames him for me not working and the tension in the house is only making me worse. I don't want to be a burden to my family but i can't even bring myself to see a doctor and i know my family will allways think i'm just being difficult.

please reply, if you think you know whats wrong with me or have some advice.

A

Apotheosis

:welcome: to the forum - it is probably best to go & get a doctors opinion first.

N

_N_

thanks, i know i should i'm just having trouble with the anxiety i sweat and my heart beats fast and i feal like i'm being watched and judged in public but i know theres no other way i just have to do it

T

Twylight

Hello and Welcome
Perhaps it would be better, if you wrote a letter to your GP

T

Twylight

You don't have to answer
But it there anything else in your behavour, that you haven't mentioned ?

T

Twylight

I'm assuming that your Father's wife is your Stepmother
It's just that I think that mental disorders often occur when family life is not ideal

Last edited:
D

Dollit

Hi as Apo said it's best to go to a doctor. Diagnosis of a mental health problem isn't possible without seeing someone even if there was someone on here qualified to do it. Write down things before you go and if you find yourself not being able to talk well you have something to show them.

N

_N_

I find myself tuning out when people talk and i'm allways more comfortable on my own inspite of this i think ive become kind of dependent on those around me. I don't think my step mother has much to do with it as she's new to the family and i've been having problems since i was quite young although shes not making it any easier for me.

T

Twylight

Do you have good relations with family, friends or boyfriends?

N

_N_

I'm don't have a close relations with anyone but not antagonistic either, my stepmother excluded but thats because she's angry i don't have a job.

T

Twylight

So, you 'tune out' when people are talking
Do you lose concentration at any other times ?

T

Twylight

When your on your own and feeling comfortable - do you listen to music or read perhaps ?

N

_N_

I don't tend to lose concentration at other times and yes i do read and listen to music.

invise

invise

Hey there,

I found it impossible to get help in the start too. The way I did it though was that I wrote it all down. When I went to the docs I gave him the bit of paper and then just sat down with my head in my hands so I didnt have to watch him read it. Im not gonna lie, it was still hard, but it was a lot easier than talking. Maybe you could give it a go.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes I did exactly what Invise did - try writing it down adn making an appointment with the docs, it's the best thing to do to start with. Keep posting here too and :welcome:
KS