hi

S

slw87

Hi guys,

Im new to this site. I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar type 2 and i wanted to enquire if there were any reccomended support groups in plymouth which i could get myself too as im struggling alot at the moment. Would really appreciate it if you could get back to me

thanks
stephanie

aleshadxcherylc

aleshadxcherylc

Hi Stephanie
Welcome to the foroum well done for posting.
Have you been back to your GP latetly about any other talking treatments or do you think a support group would be for you?.
So sorry i cant advise as i dont live in plymouth but hope you find support soon.
Take care keep strong and take care
Katie
xx

S

slw87

unforunately ihavent had much luck with my gp! i was diagnosed when i saw a psychiatrist on a private basis who diagnosed me and then sent a report to my doctor. however i could not see him again due to finances and he lives far away so i went to my doctor as the medication is not helping with my lows and anxiety! my gp is pretty useless and said she cant and wont do anything and has referred me to a psychiatrist so now i am just on a waiting game! i am finding it rly hard and also feel hopeless.. so thank you for your post i really appreciate it.. xxx

U

up n down

Hi and welcome,

Try http://www.pomplymouth.org/Bipolar%20Disorder.html
May have something you're looking for.

aleshadxcherylc

aleshadxcherylc

Could you try another gp i know that's easier said than done but sometimes we need to shout for help wrong I know for hopefully whilst you wait have a counseler go back to another gp and explain the situation to them as some gps are better than others
Hope you get the support you need soon
Katie
Xx