• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi...

hairymunky

hairymunky

I've just sat and looked at the blank message box, for 15 minutes, scared to write anything, just in-case anyone laughs... here goes...

I'm Graham, I'm 38, and I suffer from Social anxiety, especially around other people, and eating. In fact, it has prevented me from living a "normal" life, for my whole adult life. I've been receiving CBT for the last few months, which has been pushing me out of the realms of my comfort zone (mainly staying home, door locked, safe).
My anxiety was probably brought on by the fact I was bullied not just by my peers, but teachers, and friends, basically everyone and anyone, since an early age.

Glad to say, I've had enough, and took the initiative to seek help. Found this place by accident, and thought I'd join so I can share my experiences, worries, and maybe give something back.

Thanks for reading
Graham

D

Dollit

Hello Graham and welcome to the forum. You're giving back just by saying hello. Every person that says hello tells someone else that they're not alone.

This is a friendly forum, it's not perfect but I quite like that. But it is safe and we all work together in keeping it a safe place.

And by the way, we don't laugh at people here but we do laugh with each other.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum Graham, good to have you here.

hairymunky

hairymunky

Thanks peeps, hope to make a few friends, and enjoy my stay :D

ps Didn't think anyone would laugh, just the way I expect everyone to react to me

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Hello and welcome! Hope you find this place cozy. :welcome: