• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hi

S

sunrise

hi
i have just joined the forum and have had a look around, cant help wondering why there isnt a section on therapy? i am in therapy and think i would find it helpful if there was a space devoted to therapy and where people could share their experiences and offer each other support.
am i missing something?

A

Apotheosis

hi
i have just joined the forum and have had a look around, cant help wondering why there isnt a section on therapy? i am in therapy and think i would find it helpful if there was a space devoted to therapy and where people could share their experiences and offer each other support.
am i missing something?
Hello & welcome. There is the "Recovery, Self Help, Treatments, Support and Services" Section. The whole site is in a way a "support" site. People have good intention to assist others here. If you want to post about these experiences then please feel free to start a thread detailing what you would like to discuss.

It is also worth bearing in mind the disclaimer - found at the bottom of the page -

DISCLAIMER: The messages on this forum and any links to external websites posted within the forum express the views of the respective authors. They do not necessarily represent the views of the administrators or moderators. Any advice posted here is for support purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for advice by a qualified (mental) health professional.
I hope you enjoy the site :)

D

Dollit

Hello Sunrise and welcome.

As Apotheosis says the forum is a support site. What you will find though is that "therapy" means different things to different people. My therapy is about walking, thinking, taking photographs and the voluntary work I do. In a way any treatment I get through my medics is a supplement to that.

You will find people replying to someone's problem with a "this is what worked for me" answer which will detail therapies of various kinds. Apotheosis will often talk of how Reiki helps him etc. It's natural to talk of problems and solutions in the same place rather than divide them however if you have experience in a certain type of therapy that you'd like to share with us then the "Recovery, Self Help, Treatments, Support and Services" is a good place to post.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hi, :welcome: to the forum.. its a good place to be and I have in conjuction with my own therepy have found it has helped my journey though recovery.