• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi

G

Guy25

Well, um, hi. I'll cut to the chase, I'm pretty sure I suffer from some form of clinical depression and I'm reaching out in anyway I can. I need it.

I'm already on Prozac (not doing much) and I'm seeing a psychiatrist (on monday again) but I'm still not...fixed. Any suggestions, anything that could help, that's what I'm looking for. On that note, no religious and/or spiritual stuff, it doesn't work for me, I'm just to concerned with what is.

I say "I'm pretty sure" because (I will ask the doc about it) my mother (never really helps) says I don't have it 'not exactly'. The point being, she muddies things up.

I'm a pretty isolated guy (did I mention that?) and I'm 17. Relationships don't exactly work for me since I'm way too different, I could not even dream of speaking to any of my friends and expect them to understand. It's not a teen angst thing, it's a fact, I'm just on a completely different intellectual and emotional level (not necessarily better, although I'm tempted to say so, just different). I seem to be unable to connect, to feel love from others, to fall in love. I have a fear of rejection as well so that's not helping. I'm not an intellectual coward, I am willing to face the facts square in the face. Nor am I a moral coward. But, I fear I am a social coward and I think it's killing me.

Aside from that, I'm a pretty nice guy. Anyway, just reaching out looking for help. This probably belongs in the depression forum doesn't it?

Oh, and I'm from Puerto Rico. Not everyone is a jolly coffee bean.

D

Dollit

Your introduction is okay in the introduction section! It's not a boot camp so we don't march you off to a cell if you post in the wrong spot!

Personally I never rule anything out that may help me - except religion because it's mandatory to believe in god and I don't. But spirituality is a big word and covers a multitude of things. It's sometimes about sitting in the park and watching the leaves fall - anything that connects you to the world.

You're pretty young still to be worrying about falling in love - I've been married, lived with people had relationships that lasted over a decade and never been in love except for one brief relationship in the 80s. I fell in love this year for the first time (I'm now 50) and boy what a revelation that's turning out to be. So don't worry - if it can get me it can get anyone.

Anyway - welcome to the forum, join in where you want to and this is a supportive place, it's a good place to be.

G

Guy25

Oh, by spirituality i mean supernatural stuff and general woo.

I'm only 'spiritual' in the sense of experiencing the 'essence' of things, of life. In the sense of the leaves basically.

I hope I'll enjoy myself, I sorely need it.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Guy, and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Patience with one's self is a hard thing to have, but I hope you find what you need to hang in there. :)

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hiya Guy and :welcome:
Feel free to post and chip in wherever you feel :) this place is lovely and so are the people!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I know it doesn't sound very likely but I was sat with my psychologist today and I worked out that one of the reasons why I've been feeling better (still very shaky though) recently has been chatting and posting on the forum. There are some really great people on here who will offer an endless supply of support and sometimes that can make a big difference to how you're feeling. I've also found keeping a blog usefull as it's encouraged me to try and really think about what's going on in my head.

So, for help I'd recommend just getting involved in the forum and posting away!

Welcome again and take care,
Honey, xx