• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi

N

nixster

Not really sure why I am here - but feel that I need to be able to talk about how I am feeling to people who hopefully can help me understand how I feel.

I have had depression\anxiety attacks several times in the last 8 years - all of which have been triggered differently apart from 2 cases of post natal depression. Back in March/April this year day to day life mum/wife/work got to me big time I think it had been building over some time ended with me taking about 10 weeks off work, for which I slept much of it....I was put on medication which after about 5 weeks seemed to make a difference - school holidays things seemed to improve - since September for some reason I have not been taking my medication regularly - i feel like i am getting out of control - every things i building up again, more bottles of wine are getting drunk - more shouting is happening - where do I go from here - just start again taking the medication - back to doctors? I dont want to and cant afford to end up where I was - any suggestions ?

N

nixster

Reading back my post - I dont think I am being totally honest to myself but this is a start - my head is so full I just dont know where to start and right now feel quite desparate

Z

zamanmsnuk

Founding Member
hi i also suffer from deppession and know the feeling
fisrt things first. if your seeing a gp tell him//her to refer you to a pcyhiatrist
so you can have proffessional help.
only do one thing at a timeand dont worry if you dont finish it.remember you are ill.
get your self floating support. (a mental health advisor)from mind , rethink etc
or any of the housing associations. they help with form filling and help groups you could goto

if your up to it try moodgym online its free .helps compat negative feeling and thoughts

good luck
hope you get better(y)

D

deadpoet79

i would start taking your meds regularly no matter what. it's strange that we we can feel better and think that because of that we don't need our meds. the truth is that if we feel better we should talk to our dr and see what they say.

as far as the confusion goes, the wine won't help with that. besides mixing meds with alcohol is a recipe for disaster especially when your drinking to self medicate.