• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi

C

crystalrose

Hi. I don't really know how all this works, I just joined kind of impulsively.. I started therapy recently, but in between appointments I feel quite alone and don't want to burden the people in my personal life with my mental health struggles. I'm a very private person and it's uncomfortable for me to share about myself but I thought I'd give it a go.

Without going into too much detail right away, basically what I'm dealing with is feelings of depression, anxiety/obsessions (often about my health,) and a major struggle for me is disordered eating, I have ARFID (avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder.)

It's all so hard. And trying to get better is so hard and daunting and overwhelming. It's so difficult to find the motivation. I really feel for everyone here struggling with their mental health.

❤

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya crystalrose and welcome to the forum. I too am struggling with my mental health at the moment but not an eating disorder. Its the same basis for a lot of us, depression caused by triggers and feelings of helplessness. Do you have any therapy or anything? I think that would be a starting point and do it religiously.

Lack of motivation is so hard though isn't it? I guess that is why people find therapy so difficult to do. Are you on any medication that can help a little? I don't know if there is any for your problems.

I wish you well and hope you can find your way around here well and get the help you need.

P

Professionalhypochondriac

First of all welcome to the forum.
You are not a burden and don’t feel like that.
These forums are brilliant because you can share your thoughts and feelings with no judgement as we are all like minded people.
Depression is horrible isn’t it... but you can get better 🤗