Hi

T

TheatrePlode

Hi,

I'm new here as I'm desperately trying to find a place where I can talk.

I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember, and I've been struggling on and off with depression for about 13 years now.

Right now I'm in a really deep depressive mode, I've just started my PhD and I hate it and can't cope with it. I'm in the process of getting help, but it's extremely slow and I'm losing the will to go on.

It's nice to find this place.

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

:welcome: to the forum! I'm new here as well but I've posted a ton because I love it so much here. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I understand what you're going through. I struggle with depression and anxiety too. I know the process is very slow sometimes, but stick with it. When I first started therapy and medication, it was a slow process of changing meds every so often and talking to my therapist every week and I just wanted it to be over with. I never thought I'd get to the place I am now. I still have a ways to go, but I found a therapist that I really connect with and she has helped me improve myself so much. I hope you find the same. Things like this take time. That doesn't mean it isn't worth it. I'm sorry you're experiencing such a deep depression right now. I'm here if you ever need to talk. I don't have much of a life so I'm online a lot haha.