Hi!

D

dillon

Hi, how's it going? Just registered this morning. I was diagnosed with simple schizophrenia when I was 20. I was put on 10mg of Zyprexa and was on it for 8 and a half years until I went on Solian. The Solian isn't as good for anxiety and I've had a few problems with the prolactin levels. But I take 20mg of Abilify to try and reduce the prolactin now. Just wondering, do you think I should go back to the Zyprexa, stay on what I'm on or try a different drug instead of the Solian? :)

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum, discuss with your dr your medication concerns.
Take care

Kerome

Kerome

Psychiatrists are best placed to be knowledgeable about different mental health medications. If you're not happy with the answers your psychiatrist gives you can find a psychiatrist somewhere else in a private practice and pay him to consult on the question.

S

Splodge

Psychiatrists are best placed to be knowledgeable about different mental health medications. If you're not happy with the answers your psychiatrist gives you can find a psychiatrist somewhere else in a private practice and pay him to consult on the question.
They may have knowledge, but a lot of the time they don't impart it, for example side effects, my psychiatrist declines to concern himself with regards to side effects, also, he did not want to talk in detail about my symptoms and instead he seemed to be operating from a list of drugs, if drug A does not work, try drug B, if that fails try drug C. This list was not compiled specifically for me I felt, but just a list given to him.

Not talking about side-effects and trying to underplay their impact when they appeared seems to me to put me at a disadvantage, given that I was vulnerable and in need of support and advice.

Clearly though, this is the best our health service can offer.