hi

pomegranate

pomegranate

I don't really know how to introduce myself.
To make it simple : I'm new on the forum. I don't really know what I expect from this. I just taped "depression forums" because I know that we are a lot to suffer from depression, anxiety, STD, bipolarity and many other things... and I thought it could be helpful to read others' experiences and share mine here since I'm incapable of talking about my depression IRL (I just feel ridiculous about it). I carry this hidden part of my life for many years and everything was well. I could hide it and sometimes I could feel I was going better.
But recently I had a serious break down. The very one that makes you sick when you take a step outside your home, the one that brings you down and makes you lie to your employer (telling that you've a "physical" disease and that you can't come), the ones that gives you headache every day and insomnia every night.

and you how do you do at this moment ?

ps: sorry for my English (not my first language)

zombiefishy

zombiefishy

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm new here myself.

And my experience is kinda similar with yours. I'm not comfortable talking about my issues IRL either, and I had been in denial about it as I never thought it could happen to me. I, too, recently had a break down, where I was suicidal and stuff. The suicidal thoughts lasted for like a week, but I've calmed down from that.

Anyways, I hope you find what you're looking for here and goodluck!

Last edited:
Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

:welcome: to the forum. I don't tell anyone about my illness generally. Just a few friends know and they are totally accepting. I'm sorry to hear you have insomnia. Is it every night or just sometimes?? Please explore the forum listings. If you stick around, you'll make friends. :)

Unique1

Unique1

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

I'm glad you found us :)

I think lots of us feel we can't discuss our illness irl, so like the idea of coming here amongst people who understand.

With all good wishes to you.

Unique xx

pomegranate

pomegranate

I'm sorry to hear you have insomnia. Is it every night or just sometimes??
Well at this point yes. every night I have headaches that unable me to close my eyes and things like that. I can't help my brain thinking about many different stupid things even though I really need to rest.
For now I don't take any medicine to fix it but I'm seriously thinking of taking something which could improve this aspect of my life.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Hi and welcome to the forum :welcome:
You should find it helpful and friendly here.
Hugs
Fox

pomegranate

pomegranate

Thanks for the replies, it makes me glad to know that we can at least share our burden somewhere :)

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Well at this point yes. every night I have headaches that unable me to close my eyes and things like that. I can't help my brain thinking about many different stupid things even though I really need to rest.
For now I don't take any medicine to fix it but I'm seriously thinking of taking something which could improve this aspect of my life.
could you speak to your doctor about this?
he/she Maybe able to help?

pomegranate

pomegranate

could you speak to your doctor about this?
he/she Maybe able to help?
Going to see a new psychiatrist Saturday. But I'm a little anxious. Most of the time when I spoke about these problems to other doctors I had the feeling they were bored by my problems, like "god she has nothing to do here, she's just sad." I don't really know what I except from this appointment but I still hope for the day I meet a doctor who will be concern about my condition, considering that it is real and not just a mood. And I know there's good doctors out there, but apparently not in my town ahah

B

butyouseemso

Bonjour pomegranate

I don't know what it's like in France but I think in the UK talking about "stress" is a little bit easier than talking about mental health issues and a breakdown. They should all be as easy to talk about as any health issue of course.

Keep going with the doctors. Try not to be disheartened when one seems dismissive - make another attempt to explain how things are - and if you feel they're bored, question yourself - maybe they are just not sure of what to do.