• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi

M

Ms Understood

Hi to all

After reading some of the threads, plucked up the courage to register. Im in my 20s and suffer from clinical depression which has destroyed my career, my friendships, my relationships and my self-esteem.

Find it hard to get through most days. :unsure:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi to all

After reading some of the threads, plucked up the courage to register. Im in my 20s and suffer from clinical depression which has destroyed my career, my friendships, my relationships and my self-esteem.

Find it hard to get through most days. :unsure:
Hello and 043.gif , hope you find " us " supportive.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: Ms Understood - hope that you will find the forum a help.

Nick.

M

Ms Understood

Thank you

Hi

Thanks all for replying and making me welcome. :)

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: MsUnderstood :)

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
:welcome: Ms Understood (good name!) - glad you have found the forum and look forward to seeing you around.

Rollinat

J

jamesdean

:hug:Thats a lot 2 cope with @ your age, my deression destroyed my life when i was about 28 having had 2 deal with it from age 8, i moved 2 birminghan when i was 30 n have had much better understanding from mental health services, n ive learnt how 2 cope or should i say manage things i know there r days when it isnt manageable n nothing helps but 4 the good days i like 2 say thank u 2 myself. I do some really deep relaxation visulization some days i did have 2 years of hynotherapy luckily my cpn was trained in this field n it really did help though that was about 9 years ago n the funding run out. I seem t b craving this kind of therapy since but just recently ive started 2 do it myself incorparting some deep breathing excercises. It does take a lot of work n concentration (n i would love 2 hear if any 1 else knows any visulizations).
I hope this forum helps there is always some1 2 chat 2 take care james

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Ms Understood and welcome :welcome: to the forum. Well done for registering and for posting - it can take real courage to do that. I too have been suffering from clinical depression, this time for the last three years. With me everything has had to go on hold for this time though I hope I'm on the right track now (cr*p day yesterday excepting!) and will be doing something more that sleeping and hanging around the house at some point in the future. As jamesdean says - even if the depression hangs around there are ways to get you through the bad days so that you can hopefuly enjoy the better ones.

Jamesdean - I've never done visualisation seriously but have been interested in hypnosis for a few years now (not that I've ever done anything about it :oops:). How do you find the self hypnosis? How did you get into it... is there a book that you read or was it through your experience with your CPN? I've read a few books on NLP which includes elements of hypnosis and this and my wild imagination has linked them together with meditation that is guided toward a specific aim. Are there similarities or am I completely off the ball? I'm fascinated... :flowers:

F

fharper6

Hi Ms Understood

I can empathize with you as regards your job, friends, etc. I have experienced the same thing. The only ones left now is my family and they only understand my plight to a certain degree. I'm new also and everyone has been great. I already feel as though the people here are my friends. Hope you feel the same. Don't give up on yourself. If you haven't sought professional help yet, I would suggest you do so. Wishing the best for you.

fharper6:hug:

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Ms Understood and welcome to the forums. :clap:

M

Ms Understood

Thanks to all

Hi

Thanks again for all the replys and supportive comments.

Its of comfort to know that there are people who suffer the same as you and on a daily basis. i too have suffered from depression from an early age although at the time you are too young to know whats wrong with you - its like you accept its normal because you dont know any different. dont have support or much relationships with my family - depression seems to run in the family and is not spoken about but clearly there.

with regards to professional help, feel i have been let down so many times by GP and fallen through the net when moving area and having to change docs. you have to start all over again. Hopefully is in hand now.

anti-depressants dont work for me. the side affects are too much and i never seem to get past the first week or so and have tried most brands. talking therapy seems to be the only way forward for me - which i think can be hit or miss depending on the person conducting the therapy. all in all, it seems like there are not sufficient resources within NHS to deal with mental health conditions like depression, effectively. it would seem that you really are on your own.:(